Thank you,
Michael Fletcher
ET / The Insider / CBS
Re: Changing URI Case [ In reply to ]
Hi Michael,

You could make a brand new "HTML 2" OC, and make it the primary OC in
your article type definitions. Leave the old OC there, but not enabled,
so it won't be present in new articles. Make the new OC include
templates from the old one.

Then set the old OC URI case to mixed, and the new one to lower, and
you'll have only lowercase URIs going forward, but the old ones will
stay as they are.

Hope this helps,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer
RE: Changing URI Case [ In reply to ]
Alternatively....

Since you are on a Unix server, I am going to assume you are using an Apache web server. If that is the case, you can add " RewriteMap lowercase int:tolower" to your config to convert all requests on the server to lowercase, and then you can republish your whole site through the Bric soap interface.

The first step is to keep existing links out there in the world from breaking when you perform the second step, which should update all the links on your site to use the new URI format.

--
Bret Dawson
Producer