A job queue keeps getting stalled for a client. Reading the error message I see there are a bunch of stories that have problems (no related image, mostly not on a publish desk). Unfortunately the error message gives all story ids - which I can access in the database, but it would be so much better if that client could either

1. search for story by id in the search interface
2. the error message gave the url of the story

and

3. I don't think the whole job queue should be stopped just because a few stories don't publish.

I've been out of the bric discussion loop for a while - are any of these points above potential new features other's would like? I wish bric could be made a little more user friendly.

thanks
Dawn
Re: is there a search for story_id field in web interface? if not, want one? [ In reply to ]
Hi Dawn,

The search-by-ID thing is already done and in the pipeline for 2.1.0.
Greg added it during the hack day you hosted!

If the job is dying because of a common error (for example, because an
expected related media document is not actually related), you can always
trap for that in a template, and put all the useful information you want
into the error message:

$burner->throw_error('The story "' . $story->get_title . '" is missing
related media in a "' . $element->get_name . '" element.') unless
$element->get_related_media;

Hope this helps,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer
Re: is there a search for story_id field in web interface? if not, want one? [ In reply to ]
On Apr 13, 2011, at 9:28 AM, Dawn Buie wrote:

> HI Brics
>
> A job queue keeps getting stalled for a client. Reading the error message I see there are a bunch of stories that have problems (no related image, mostly not on a publish desk). Unfortunately the error message gives all story ids - which I can access in the database, but it would be so much better if that client could either
>
> 1. search for story by id in the search interface
> 2. the error message gave the url of the story

The latter, please.

> and
>
> 3. I don't think the whole job queue should be stopped just because a few stories don't publish.

Agreed. If that's the case, then something's wrong, either a bug or something in your configuration.

Best,

David
Re: is there a search for story_id field in web interface? if not, want one? [ In reply to ]