be used in different sites.

Any hints how to go about it?

Regards, Zdravko
Re: icon library [ In reply to ]
On Apr 21, 2010, at 3:47 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> I'd like to build a library of icons in Bricolage to
> be used in different sites.
>
> Any hints how to go about it?

Can you say more about what you mean by a "library of icons"? Because AFAIK you'r just talking about a bunch of media documents that contain icon files. But you must mean more than that, no?

Best,

David
Re: icon library [ In reply to ]
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2010, at 3:47 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:
>
>> I'd like to build a library of icons in Bricolage to
>> be used in different sites.
>>
>> Any hints how to go about it?
>
> Can you say more about what you mean by a "library of icons"?
> Because AFAIK you'r just talking about a bunch of media documents
> that contain icon files. But you must mean more than that, no?

A bunch of media documents that contain icon files, yes, and linking
them to other sites by aliases seems quite straightforward. It needs
some naming convention, though, by title or uri to access these files
in the same manner from any site.
Is fatching media by title Media::list('title'=>"...") as fast as by uri?
Would you care using aliases at all?
Default site seems a good place to put these media documents to begin
with.
Now, I've got this far. :)
Any comments wellcome.

Regards,
Zdravko
Re: icon library [ In reply to ]
On Apr 21, 2010, at 11:22 PM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> A bunch of media documents that contain icon files, yes, and linking
> them to other sites by aliases seems quite straightforward. It needs
> some naming convention, though, by title or uri to access these files
> in the same manner from any site.
> Is fatching media by title Media::list('title'=>"...") as fast as by uri?

It should be.

> Would you care using aliases at all?

If you want them to be published to multiple sites, yes. If you want them all to be fetched from a single site, no.

> Default site seems a good place to put these media documents to begin
> with.

Sure.

> Now, I've got this far. :)
> Any comments wellcome.

HTH,

David
Re: icon library [ In reply to ]
>> Would you care using aliases at all?
>
> If you want them to be published to multiple sites, yes. If you want them all to be fetched from a single site, no.

Let me extend this question to remote imaging, that is to address remote images by media
document. Some people suggest that external image servers improves site responsivness.
It could also be helpful for my library, having only one icon file on this image server.

Regards, Zdravko