OS: Dragongfly BSD
Browser: firefox 3.0.10

- Vince
Re: Problem finding and publishing deleted media [ In reply to ]
On Mar 8, 2010, at 7:27 PM, Vincent Stemen wrote:

> I had a test css file published as related media. Then I checked out
> the media, checked the delete box and clicked save, without publishing,
> to delete the media. The css file still exists on the test site as
> I expected. Now I can find no way through bricolage to publish the
> deleted media (i.e. remove it from the test site).
>
> I tried "Find Media", I type '/' in the search box and it only brings up
> just the logo I uploaded. Click "Show more options", select "All
> Types", checked "Include deleted:", and it says no media were found. In
> the advanced search, it does not even list the currently published logo.

If you delete it before you check it in, it's really deleted. It only keeps it archived in the database if you check it in at least once.

Best,

David
Re: Problem finding and publishing deleted media [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 08:49:27PM -0800, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2010, at 7:27 PM, Vincent Stemen wrote:
>
> > I had a test css file published as related media. Then I checked out
> > the media, checked the delete box and clicked save, without publishing,
> > to delete the media. The css file still exists on the test site as
> > I expected. Now I can find no way through bricolage to publish the
> > deleted media (i.e. remove it from the test site).
> >
> > I tried "Find Media", I type '/' in the search box and it only brings up
> > just the logo I uploaded. Click "Show more options", select "All
> > Types", checked "Include deleted:", and it says no media were found. In
> > the advanced search, it does not even list the currently published logo.
>
> If you delete it before you check it in, it's really deleted. It only keeps it archived in the database if you check it in at least once.
>
> Best,
>
> David

OK. I did discover that entering '%' instead in the search box, with
'include deleted' checked lists the deleted media. What threw me was
that using '/' seemed to work, causing it to list the one active media.
I could have sworn I had also tried '%'.

I still have not figured out how to get bricolage to remove the deleted
file from the destination site though.

- Vince
Re: Problem finding and publishing deleted media [ In reply to ]
On Mar 9, 2010, at 11:30 AM, Vincent Stemen wrote:

> OK. I did discover that entering '%' instead in the search box, with
> 'include deleted' checked lists the deleted media. What threw me was
> that using '/' seemed to work, causing it to list the one active media.
> I could have sworn I had also tried '%'.
>
> I still have not figured out how to get bricolage to remove the deleted
> file from the destination site though.

As discussed on IRC, but following up here for the benefit of the archives, removing a document from a destination server is accomplished by expiring the document. If you want documents to also be expired when you delete then in Bricolage, enable the EXPIRE_ON_DEACTIVATE bricolage.conf directive in 1.11.x/2.0.

Best,

David