Mailing List Archive

New PCC Natural Markets website
Last week PCC launched its redesigned website, which is a blend of
Bricolage, Drupal and custom PHP.

One of the biggest challenges was devising a way to simultaneously work
on the current and redesign versions of the website. I ended up creating
a new output channel and replicating the necessary templates. This
worked out nicely for the most part as this phase in the redesign
spanned about six months. Users could easily preview under the current
and new templates, while publishing only to the production server. When
it was time to deploy, I removed the redesign output channel and updated
the templates (among other things).

I also took the opportunity to rely more heavily on utility templates.
(If you aren't using them, do.) And when possible, I found more ways to
use includes, auto-generated content and triggered publishing.

So far, the response has been very positive, and I invite you to give
the new site a whirl:

http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/

Chris

P.S. Thanks to those of you who responded to my mailing list questions.

--------------------------------

Chris Schults
Web Developer
PCC Natural Markets
206-547-1222 x104
chris.schults@pccsea.com
http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com

Sign up for PCC Fresh, a monthly newsletter filled with seasonal
recipes, exciting new products, and more:
http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/enews
Re: New PCC Natural Markets website [ In reply to ]
Very nicely done. Looks great. Congrats! :-)

--
Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com
Re: New PCC Natural Markets website [ In reply to ]
On Feb 23, 2010, at 3:12 PM, Schults, Chris wrote:

> So far, the response has been very positive, and I invite you to give
> the new site a whirl:
>
> http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/

Very Purty!

Best,