Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Introduction
Howdy,

I'm David Wheeler, and I'm the Bricolage lead developer and maintainer.
I've been working on Bricolage since before it was Bricolage, first as
a software engineer at Salon.com, then later as the development manager
for the project under contract to About.com. I've written a lot of the
Bricolage code, and fixed bugs in a lot of code I didn't write.

Recently I formed a company -- Kineticode, Inc. -- dedicated to
providing Bricolage consulting services, including installation,
planning, implementation, and template development, plus support
contracts and sponsored development of new features. We're coming to
the end of a contract for Mac|Publishing, LLC, the publishers of
_Macworld_ magazine, Macworld.com, MacCentral.com, LinuxWorld.com, and
JavaWorld.com. We're set to launch all of their 2002 content on
Macworld.com later this week, and past years content will be imported
into and published by Bricolage over the next 4-6 weeks or so. All new
content on Macworld.com will be created in and published by Bricolage.
In the next several months, they plan to do the same for
MacCentral.com, LinuxWorld.com and JavaWorld.com*.

By the way, all of the new features so far developed for the
forthcoming Bricolage 1.6.0 (look for a 1.5.0 development release this
week) have been sponsored by Mac|Publishing, and I'd like to take this
opportunity to publicly thank them for their support for Bricolage, and
for helping it to become a better product.

These days I'm spending a great deal of my time thinking about further
improvements I want to make to Bricolage. These include increased
stability, better performance, and better architectural design. When
I'm not thinking about specific changes I'd like to make, I'm hustling
clients to help fund it. The more successfully I do so, the better
Bricolage will become.

When I'm not working on Bricolage, I'm busy developing new Perl modules
for my work, helping out with DBD::Pg development (that's the Perl
PostgreSQL driver), and hosting "Sopranos"-viewing dinner parties with
my wife, Julie. I read technical books in my spare time (okay, and the
occasional science fiction epic :-)).

I look forward to meeting the rest of you!

Regards,

David

* That's right, sports fans: JavaWorld will soon have all of its
content managed by a Perl-based application.

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@wheeler.net ICQ: 15726394