Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Re: [Bricolage-Devel] Fwd: [Bricolage-Commits] Bye-bye popup window! Yes, I finally got tired of having to leave popup
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, David Wheeler wrote:

> > Now when the toolbar-less window isn't the current window, the browser
> > will be redirected to a a Welcome page where users can click a link to
> > open the new window with the Bricolage UI.

I'm not sure I like this. It imposes an extra unnecessary click in the
login process. Maybe this opening screen could have the login/password
fields on it? Then clicking login would launch the new window. Would
that pacify Mozilla?

-sam

[Bricolage-General] Re: [Bricolage-Devel] Fwd: [Bricolage-Commits] Bye-bye popup window! Yes, I finally got tired of having to leave popup [ In reply to ]
On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 12:53 PM, Sam Tregar wrote:

> I'm not sure I like this. It imposes an extra unnecessary click in the
> login process.

True. But many people considered the popup window to be a bug, and
others simply hated it.

> Maybe this opening screen could have the login/password
> fields on it? Then clicking login would launch the new window. Would
> that pacify Mozilla?

Yes, but getting the data to submit to the new window might be tricky.
Also, if someone has already logged in and has a cookie, they don't
need to login again. I thought it'd be easier to start with this.
Patches welcome, however.

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory