Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] searching by story id
I want to confirm that we cannot search by story ID. Is there a reason for
this? If not, is this something that will be implimented in the future?

Thanks,
Rachel

*****************************
Rachel Murray
Senior Producer

Primedia Internet Resource
& Technology Group

1440 Broadway, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10018
ph: 212-204-1428
email: rmurray@about-inc.com

Re: [Bricolage-General] searching by story id [ In reply to ]
On Friday, August 16, 2002, at 08:17 AM, Murray, Rachel wrote:

> I want to confirm that we cannot search by story ID. Is there a reason
> for
> this? If not, is this something that will be implimented in the future?

Yes, I believe that's true. It's because IDs are supposed to be
meaningless to you, and meaningful only to the database. If you use SOAP
to copy a story from one server to another, for example, it'll be the same
story, but will have a different ID.

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory