[Bricolage-General] Renaming categories and URIs.
I need to rename several of my top-level categories and their
URIs. In the Bric interface, however, there's no option to
rename the URI for a category.

So, how can I rename my URIs? I don't have any problem with
changing the records in Postgres, but will that cause some
problems elsewhere?

-- Andy.

Re: [Bricolage-General] Renaming categories and URIs. [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Andrew Baio wrote:

> I need to rename several of my top-level categories and their
> URIs. In the Bric interface, however, there's no option to
> rename the URI for a category.
>
> So, how can I rename my URIs? I don't have any problem with
> changing the records in Postgres, but will that cause some
> problems elsewhere?

I don't think you can, unless you want to do some development and add the
feature. The reason is that some systems in Bricolage remember a category
by id but others (like Template, for example) remember a category by URI.
If you just changed the URI in the Categories table then you'd end up
breaking things that use the URI for lookups.

I recommend you create the new categories, move your assets into the new
categories and then delete the old ones.

-sam

RE: [Bricolage-General] Renaming categories and URIs. [ In reply to ]
Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the help. Can we add
that feature to the TODO list?

-- Andy.