Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] FTP not an available move method when creating a destination...
Hi, I'm evaluating bricolage 1.2.3 running on Redhat Linux 6.2. I
would like to run bricolage on a seperate server from the production
webserver, and I believe that in general bricolage has the capability
to output files to a remote server via FTP.

On my particular installation, however, when I reach the Destination
Profile page, I am presented with only one option for the "Move
Method" property. This option is "File System" and it works very
nicely, but I kind of expected "FTP" to be an alternate option.

My best guess is that I missed something during installation, perhaps
in the configuration of the libnet perl module. I will try
installing again, however, if anyone has any pointers, I would
welcome hearing them.

Thanks,
Robert Wise

Re: [Bricolage-General] FTP not an available move method when creating a destination... [ In reply to ]
On 5/2/02 5:10 PM, "Robert Wise" <wise@motherjones.com> claimed:

> My best guess is that I missed something during installation, perhaps
> in the configuration of the libnet perl module. I will try
> installing again, however, if anyone has any pointers, I would
> welcome hearing them.

No, you didn't miss anything. An FTP mover was only recently added to
Bricolage. You need to either download and install the most recent
development release (1.3.1) from SourceForge, or check out the latest
sources from CVS and use those.

HTH,

David

--