Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] bricolage as CMS
Hello,

I'm looking for decent content management system. The best I've
found until now is probably WebGUI (Metadot is also quite good,
however lacks support for l10n and is not very active).

I've heard very good comments about Bricolage at mason-users
mailing list and use.perl.org, so I decided to give it a try.

However I found it not suitable for my needs, or I dont understand
it enough.

Could you, please, help me? Is it possible to have editing
features in Bricolage, like:
- create new page,
- link the page with article,
- add discussion,
- ...?

That way, Bricolage would be better than WebGUI, because I use
Mason anywhere I can. And Bricolage has better support for
publishing article feeds, that I really miss in WebGUI.

One more note: I think Bricolage needs better user documentation.
I installed it, but I've had problems to use it. And some nice
example site after installation would be helpful too.

Anyway, thanks for nice work.

Vladimir Tomasovic

Re: [Bricolage-General] bricolage as CMS [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 12:51, Vladimir Tomasovic wrote:

> Could you, please, help me? Is it possible to have editing
> features in Bricolage, like:
> - create new page,
> - link the page with article,
> - add discussion,
> - ...?

You can do any of these things with judicious use of Elements. Read
Bric::ElementAdmin to learn more.

Note, however, that Bricolage is not a site server application. It is a
publishing system that creates and publishes static pages. It doesn't
have support for discussion, for example.

> One more note: I think Bricolage needs better user documentation.
> I installed it, but I've had problems to use it. And some nice
> example site after installation would be helpful too.

A new example site is in the works (though it'll likely be a while). As
for documentation, start with the docs you'll find on
http://bricolage.thepirtgroup.com/. They should help some.

> Anyway, thanks for nice work.

You betcha.

Regards,