The bricolage.cc domain expires in May. I suspect we can get the mail lists moved over to bricolagecms.org (should be pretty simple, just a domain alias, really) pretty soon. So the question is, should I renew bricolage.cc or let it go?

Best,

David
Re: Retire bricolage.cc? [ In reply to ]
On 10/2/10 17:31, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> The bricolage.cc domain expires in May. I suspect we can get the mail
> lists moved over to bricolagecms.org (should be pretty simple, just a
> domain alias, really) pretty soon. So the question is, should I renew
> bricolage.cc or let it go?

I would renew it and have everything redirect to the new locations.

There's an awful lot of references to bricolage.cc on the web and
there's no point in making it harder for people to find the project.

Simon.

--
Digital Craftsmen Ltd
Exmouth House, 3 Pine Street, London. EC1R 0JH
Re: Retire bricolage.cc? [ In reply to ]
On Feb 10, 2010, at 9:37 AM, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> I would renew it and have everything redirect to the new locations.
>
> There's an awful lot of references to bricolage.cc on the web and there's no point in making it harder for people to find the project.

Yeah, that was the one thing that gave me pause.

Best,

David
Re: Retire bricolage.cc? [ In reply to ]
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2010, at 9:37 AM, Simon Wilcox wrote:
>
>> I would renew it and have everything redirect to the new locations.
>>
>> There's an awful lot of references to bricolage.cc on the web and there's no point in making it harder for people to find the project.
>
> Yeah, that was the one thing that gave me pause.
>
> Best,
>
> David

Moreover, letting a domain expire that had been used awhile and has links to it
would just be inviting scammers to snap it up. I'd only let it expire after a
long period of it always redirecting somewhere else and most internet links
getting switched over. -- Darren Duncan