Mailing List Archive

wackamole and ipv6
Hey guys and girls,

I'm just getting started with wackamole, after reading Theo Schlossnagle's great book on Scalable Internet Architectures.

My plan is to set up 6 squids in an active/active scenario as a caching layer in front of a large web application, and now I'm testing in my lab to get more hands-on experience with wackamole.

I really want to keep using ipv6 though. Does wackamole support ipv6? (seems like it does not, won't recognize the syntax in my wackamole.conf).

Is there a roadmap for ipv6 support? (If there are no plans for ipv6 support I think I might need to consider other alternatives.)

Even though chances are small, I might convince my boss to make a contribution to the project (or perhaps pay for a implementation and support fee?) to support this effort. Would that change things?

--

With kind regards,

Angelo Höngens

Systems Administrator

NetMatch
tourism internet software solutions

Ringbaan Oost 2b
5013 CA Tilburg
T: +31 (0)13 5811088
F: +31 (0)13 5821239

mailto:A.Hongens@netmatch.nl
http://www.netmatch.nl
Re: wackamole and ipv6 [ In reply to ]
Salaam,

Wackamole is wonderful software, but I think that It lacks in support from the developers.

so I doubt that someone may even reply to this request of yours

nonetheless it is beautiful software and we use it in our production environments and it works fine.

wa salamm,
Muhammed Sameer