It was really a wild guess, so please let me know if you think it is
harmful, or if there is a better way to do that.

Yuval Lifshitz

Re: assert problem [ In reply to ]
Yuval Lifshitz wrote:

>Previously I emailed a question regarding assertion problem at
>wackamole.c:702
>
>I bypassed this with the following code:
>
>/*assert(ret == My.num_allocated);*/
>
>if (ret != My.num_allocated)
>{
> Claim_unclaimed();
> return;
>}
>It was really a wild guess, so please let me know if you think it is
>harmful, or if there is a better way to do that.

Usually this would indicate a problem of a serious nature -- hence the
assert. Sounds like maybe your config files don't match up on all your
machines? Your "fix" could certainly cause wackamole to crash
unexpectedly or operate in an otherwise unexpected manner, so you don't
want to do that.

--
// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/