--
Don Eisele, KSU CNS Senior UNIX Systems Administrator -- eisele@ksu.edu
785-532-4907
wackamole on solaris? [ In reply to ]
eisele@ksu.edu wrote:

>What environments have people gotten wackamole to work on solaris?
>(what compiler, OS level, etc)

I done rudmentary testing on solaris 9 i86pc and sun4u. gcc 3..2...
That is where the arp stuff was reverse engineered that has been under
scrutiny as of late.

--
// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
wackamole on solaris? [ In reply to ]
Hmm.... Can you send me the sun4u binary you ended up with?
(spread and wackamole)

I'm doing Solaris 9 sun4u, gcc 3.3.2 and having no luck at all.
If I run your binary, I can possibly see if it is part of my
build environment, or part of the running patchlevel/environment.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 02:59:02PM -0400, Theo Schlossnagle did say:

wackamole on solaris? [ In reply to ]
eisele@ksu.edu wrote:

>Hmm.... Can you send me the sun4u binary you ended up with?
>(spread and wackamole)
>
>I'm doing Solaris 9 sun4u, gcc 3.3.2 and having no luck at all.
>If I run your binary, I can possibly see if it is part of my
>build environment, or part of the running patchlevel/environment.

What's the problem you are having? If it is the segfault/bus error that
has been discussed, you can try disabling that support (as has been
discussed on this list). I don't have my Sun4u machine up and running
now, so I can't get any binaries. sun4u is not and active development
platform for Wackamole -- mainly due to lack of resources.

wackamole on solaris? [ In reply to ]
Ahh... that thread had started before I joined the list, and I
didn't see that it was the same problem I had.

I did the disable, and it started working. Sorry about being a bother.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 03:53:27PM -0400, Theo Schlossnagle did say: