Mailing List Archive

Notify throttle bug
When I ran wackamole with the -d flag, I noticed something weird.
The notications that are printed to the console are incrementing
the first IP address octet and not the fourth.

For example if I have this in my wackamole.conf (fictional IP block):

Notify {
eth1:3.3.3.3/25 throttle 128
}

When I run wackamole -d it shows that it notifies these addresses (at
least that's what the PRINT shows):

3.3.3.0
4.3.3.0
5.3.3.0
6.3.3.0
100.3.3.0
...for 128 IP address in the /25 block.

I would expect it should be:

3.3.3.1
3.3.3.2
3.3.3.3
3.3.3.4
3.3.3.100
...for 128 IP address in the /25 block.

I tried looking in the C code, but I think this is probably a simple
change for someone who's got more current C programming experience.
Could it be an endianess issue?

Andy
Notify throttle bug [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 16:32, Andy Lee wrote:
> When I ran wackamole with the -d flag, I noticed something weird.
> The notications that are printed to the console are incrementing
> the first IP address octet and not the fourth.
>
> For example if I have this in my wackamole.conf (fictional IP block):
>
> Notify {
> eth1:3.3.3.3/25 throttle 128
> }
>
> When I run wackamole -d it shows that it notifies these addresses (at
> least that's what the PRINT shows):
>
> 3.3.3.0
> 4.3.3.0
> 5.3.3.0
> 6.3.3.0
> 100.3.3.0
> ...for 128 IP address in the /25 block.
>
> I would expect it should be:
>
> 3.3.3.1
> 3.3.3.2
> 3.3.3.3
> 3.3.3.4
> 3.3.3.100
> ...for 128 IP address in the /25 block.
>
> I tried looking in the C code, but I think this is probably a simple
> change for someone who's got more current C programming experience.
> Could it be an endianess issue?

It is indeed. I couldn't replicate it on my PPC box, but I can on an
Intel machine. I'll take a look at it.

--
// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/