pseudo-device bpfilter # Berkeley Packet Filter

Thanks in advance,

David
BPF [ In reply to ]
On Nov 20, 2003, at 7:54 AM, David Carroll wrote:
> Do you need to enable BPF in the kernel of each server that runs
> Wackamole ?

wackamole will open the /dev/bpf### device. I am not sure if that
kernel option is required to use the device node, but if it is, then
yes it is required for Wackamole to run.

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// Postal Engine -- http://www.postalengine.com/
// Ecelerity: fastest MTA on earth
BPF [ In reply to ]
Thanks Theo,

Basically ... I don't think enabling the BPF (Berkley Packet Filter) in the
kernel is going to be an option, due= to the potential security risk .. is
there any other way of enabling this .. or will I have to put my hands up
and not use Wackamole (sniff) .. ?

Your replies are much appreciated.