what happen to the socket opened by the client with Ip1 on host A?
Is there any check for TCP connection opened before reallocation ?

Thanks for help
VIP reallocation and opened TCP connection [ In reply to ]
The reallocation will only happen if you have balancing turned on, or if server C prefers the address. However, the concern you raise is a valid one; clients connected to IP1 on A (or B) will have their service fail when it is moved to C. The packets destined for IP1 will now be routed to C, who will discard them (and maybe send a RST, I don't remember the TCP state machine off the top of my head) because it has no state for the connection. Wackamole doesn't attempt to interact with the TCP protocol stack to detect open connections and avoid breaking them (which is a reason to consider not using balance/preferred IPs if address load balancing is not a desired goal).

--Ryan