Mailing List Archive

Does Wackamole work with Soaris 6 & 7?
Hello,

I am running wackamole-2.0.0 on Solaris 7. It appears to run work but
my virtual interface does not come up. Is this a configuration issue,
or, is it because I am running Solaris 7 instead of 8 or 9?

I have been unable to get the CVS version to build (configure can't
determine sizeof char). However, I read on the list archives that
Solaris 7 is not supported in the CVS version.

Here is my -d output:

| Version 2.0.0 Released
2002-Nov-15 |

\==============================================================================|
connecting to 4803
Clean_up called
Dequeued arp spoof notifier.
SP_connect: connected with private group(14 bytes): #wack4411#r2d2

Sending 0 local arp entries
Sending 0 local arp entries

Dequeued arp spoof notifier.
Queued arp spoof notifier for virtual entry.
Count: -1
Count: 0
Re-queued arp spoof notifier for virtual entry.
Count: 0
Count: 0
Finished arp spoof notification for virtual entry.
Sending 0 local arp entries

Thanks,
-Rama
Does Wackamole work with Soaris 6 & 7? [ In reply to ]
The ARP stuff in wackamole for Solaris is a complete and utter hack. It seems
to work on my Solaris boxes (all 8) both Intel and Sun. However, it the calls
it makes and the data it reads are completely undocumented by Sun, so I am
_not_ getting these the "correct" way.

I don't think virtual IPs on a single interface are supported before Solaris
8. In previous versions tou have to create a new virtual interface for each
IP (like hme0:1 and hme0:2). That is not supported, so it is likely not to
work on anything before 8.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
Principal Consultant