yet there). Or even do failover for non-ip based services,
whatever that may be.

mjl
Enhancement ideas [ In reply to ]
I agree with Martin... also would like to add a slight twist....

I'd like to be able to have wackamole run a script that returns a
TRUE|FALSE. If the IP is down, wackamole does the IP switch as normal. But
if the IP is UP, it will run the test script, and if the script fails, it
will move the IP anyways, even though the original machine is up.

What I'm driving at is a script that tests services on a machine - say... a
script that does a mySQL query. If the query fails, do a wackamole switch
even though the machine is up.

Jay West