Mailing List Archive

Update: wackamole problems
Duhhh ok, I had coffee now... wackamole logs to syslog, I only had to look
there to see the problem. Plus, the -d option that was pointed out gives the
same message:

Get_conf: using file: /usr/local/etc/wackamole.conf
vip 192.168.75.100
My real address is 374057152
of 192.168.75.100-101
while reading router ip address is 192.168.75.1
SP_error: (-9) Connection rejected, authentication failed
errno say:: Resource temporarily unavailable
Make sure Spread is running for wackamole to run

Here is my basic setup:
spread network
192.168.75.22
192.168.75.23
192.168.75.24
192.168.75.25

All four machines are in the same spread network. However, for wackamole, I
want one set of VIP's for the first two machines, and a different set of
VIP's for the second two machines. For now, since I'm just bringing things
up, all four are in the spread network, but I'm just trying to set wackamole
up on the first two.

I'm trying to have 192.168.75.100 and 192.168.75.101 as the VIP's (for
wackamole group 1, the first two systems, later group 2 will have VIP's of
110 & 111). I am envisioning .100 to go to the first machine and .101 to go
to the second machine in a normal situation.

The problem appears to be authentication... here's my config files:
Spread_Segment 192.168.75.255:4803 {
hank.kwcorp.com 192.168.75.22
cy.kwcorp.com 192.168.75.23
willie.kwcorp.com 192.168.75.24
sandy.kwcorp.com 192.168.75.25
}

DebugFlags = { PRINT EXIT }
#EventLogFile = testlog.out
EventTimeStamp = "[%a %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S]"
DangerousMonitor = false
RequiredAuthMethods = "IP"
AllowedAuthMethods = "IP"

unix
local
192.168.75.22
192.168.75.23
192.168.75.24
192.168.75.25

vip 192.168.75.100
of 192.168.75.100-101
router 192.168.75.1
bcast 192.168.75.255
netmask 255.255.255.0
interface fxp0
balance rate 1
balance timer seconds 5
maturity timeout seconds 5
Complete Balance 1

as you can see, yes, I know the routing will be goofy if I do it on a
separate interface. I'll tackle that later. From the above config, you can
see I am just trying to get the initial setup all on one interface (fxp0).

Any thoughts?

THANKS!

Jay West

---