Mailing List Archive

Wackamole 1.2 working on SunOS 5.8 (Solaris 8 equivalent)
In setting up the compiling tools (gcc, bison, flex) on the second netra for
Aashima to use, I discovered
the problem I was having with Wackamole 1.2 on
Solaris: /usr/local/etc/wackamole.conf
needed to have "interface eth0"
replaced with "interface dmfe0". Naturally,
things work just fine at this
point. Doh! What is still puzzling is that it was able to down the
interface, but it must do that solely on IP and not name.

The more typical interface name for Solaris would be hme0 for most folks,
but these Netra X1s do things a bit differently.

I've emailed Aashima this same news and spoke regarding how to access the
servers so that the CVS version can be troubleshooted. Hopefully that'll be
resolved as well ;-)

Jason Roysdon, CCDP/CCNP:Security, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
Public email : jroysdon@hotmail.com
Homepage : http://jason.roysdon.net/

PS: Don't use a subject like that looks like spam, as your message will end
up in my junk filter and never be read.

Wackamole 1.2 working on SunOS 5.8 (Solaris 8 equivalent) [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, May 29, 2002, at 09:38 PM, Jason Roysdon wrote:
> that it was able to down the interface, but it must do that solely on
> IP and not name.

Yes, it downs based on IP... It searches all live interfaces for that
IP and then removes the alias.

> I've emailed Aashima this same news and spoke regarding how to access
> the servers so that the CVS version can be troubleshooted. Hopefully
> that'll be resolved as well ;-)

I don't feel like such an idiot now. After all, I developed all the CVS
code on FreeBSD/Intel and Solaris 8/Intel. Solaris 8 on Intel and Sparc
are identical from the programming point of view -- though the device
names are different.

However, the code was written for Solaris 8 and will not work on
versions earlier than that.

CVS version still doesn't work on Linux and the arp-cache feature is
only stubbed (non-functional) on Solaris.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
Principal Consultant