Mailing List Archive

solaris 8 problems
Hi,

I'm just mucking around with wackamole on solaris 8, I have been able to
compile the program cleanly, but whenever I run the program (as root) it
simply exits with no error messages at all, it just prints the blurb.
Spread is installed and running fine.

I'm running it on an Ultra 10 which also has a QFE card and my=20
configuration is fairly simple, i'm just trying to set up one virtual ip
at the moment on the machine before setting up a second instance on
another server (have to track down a second Sol 8 server first...).

Real IP: hme0 - 10.90.20.30
VIP: 10.90.20.29
OF: 10.90.20.29
router: 10.90.20.1
broadcast: 10.90.20.255
interface: hme0 (have also tried qfe0)
all other settings are the default.

Any help appreciated.

Later
Andrew

Important Notice:

tatts.com Pty Ltd does not represent or warrant that the
integrity of this communication or any attachments have
been maintained nor that the communication or attachments
are free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

The information contained in this communication and any
attachments is confidential information and is intended only
for the use of the person or entity to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the named or intended recipient of this
communication or of the information attached to or contained
herein, then you are warned that any use, review,
retransmission, distribution, copying or other dissemination
of this communication itself or of the information attached
to or contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error or are not the named
recipient, please immediately advise tatts.com by return
e-mail or telephone on +(61) (3) 9277 4000 and delete and
destroy the original communication, any attachments and
all copies thereof.
solaris 8 problems [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, January 24, 2002, at 01:17 AM, Andrew Routley wrote:
> I'm just mucking around with wackamole on solaris 8, I have been able to
> compile the program cleanly, but whenever I run the program (as root) it
> simply exits with no error messages at all, it just prints the blurb.
> Spread is installed and running fine.
>
> I'm running it on an Ultra 10 which also has a QFE card and my
> configuration is fairly simple, i'm just trying to set up one virtual ip
> at the moment on the machine before setting up a second instance on
> another server (have to track down a second Sol 8 server first...).
>
> Real IP: hme0 - 10.90.20.30
> VIP: 10.90.20.29
> OF: 10.90.20.29
> router: 10.90.20.1
> broadcast: 10.90.20.255
> interface: hme0 (have also tried qfe0)
> all other settings are the default.

Run:

truss -o outfile.txt ./wachamole -d

After it exits, mail me the outfile.txt file (not to the list -- it will
be long).

BTW... wackamole shouldn't work on any Solaris before 8. I didn't
implement it on top of the older ioctl calls.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/82844984/95FD 30F1 489E 4613 F22E 491A 7E88 364C 8284 4984
solaris 8 problems [ In reply to ]
> On Thursday, January 24, 2002, at 01:17 AM, Andrew Routley wrote:
> > I'm just mucking around with wackamole on solaris 8, I have=20
> been able to
> > compile the program cleanly, but whenever I run the program=20
> (as root) it
> > simply exits with no error messages at all, it just prints=20
> the blurb.
> > Spread is installed and running fine.
> >
> > I'm running it on an Ultra 10 which also has a QFE card and my
> > configuration is fairly simple, i'm just trying to set up=20
> one virtual ip
> > at the moment on the machine before setting up a second instance on
> > another server (have to track down a second Sol 8 server first...).
> >
> > Real IP: hme0 - 10.90.20.30
> > VIP: 10.90.20.29
> > OF: 10.90.20.29
> > router: 10.90.20.1
> > broadcast: 10.90.20.255
> > interface: hme0 (have also tried qfe0)
> > all other settings are the default.
>=20
> Run:
>=20
> truss -o outfile.txt ./wachamole -d

ok, I ran wackamole -d, which helped, had to change the OF entry
to 10.90.20.29-29 basically wouldn't work without a range of IP's.
=20
> After it exits, mail me the outfile.txt file (not to the list=20
> -- it will=20
> be long).

yeah, I was running truss on it before without the -d option, and that
was no help :-)

> BTW... wackamole shouldn't work on any Solaris before 8. I didn't=20
> implement it on top of the older ioctl calls.

yeah, I noticed that looking through the old archives. I have the
opposite
problem to you, solaris 8 in production and 2.6 on all the older
boxes...

oh well, time to scrounge up a second box running 8.

Thanks for your help.