about every sixth time the page is loaded.

But if I were to goto http://my.server.com/index.html, bypassing
mod_dir, I never get the stat errors.

BTW index.html is on every server in the cluster.

Any answers? Is this a known bug? I was thinking of getting passed
mod_dir using redirection or something. I've had no luck. Anyone have a
quick fix?

-Jason
mod_dir and backhand confliction? [ In reply to ]
two options
1. dont use byRandom
2. put removeSelf before byRandom

look in the mailing list archives, there was a lot about just this
problem this past weekend.

mod_dir and backhand confliction? [ In reply to ]
Jason Yates wrote:

>I found an interesting problem(bug?), which could be a conflict between
>mod_backhand and mod_dir.
>
>I setup my directory index,
>
><IfModule mod_dir.c>
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi login.cgi
></IfModule>
>
>In going to http://my.server.com/, I should pickup index.html. Instead
>I'm getting an error, "script not found or unable to stat: index.html"
>about every sixth time the page is loaded.
>
>But if I were to goto http://my.server.com/index.html, bypassing
>mod_dir, I never get the stat errors.
>
>BTW index.html is on every server in the cluster.
>
>Any answers? Is this a known bug? I was thinking of getting passed
>mod_dir using redirection or something. I've had no luck. Anyone have a
>quick fix?

I think I has seent his behaviour before. I saw Apache trying to stat
'/index.html' on my box. Someone submitted a patch, and it was applied
in the 1.2.0 release. However, I don't think it entirely fixed the
problem. Just a shot in the dark, but try swapping the mod_dir and
mod_backhand AddModule lines.

--

Theo Schlossnagle
Principal Consultant
mod_dir and backhand confliction? [ In reply to ]
It only seems to happen with byRandom, if that helps track down the
problem.

mod_dir and backhand confliction? [ In reply to ]
Thanks, that works. Do anyone have a link or subject to the old
discussion. I did a google search on the archives and have been
scrolling through manually and can't seem to find the prior discussion.

-Jason

mod_dir and backhand confliction? [ In reply to ]
> I found an interesting problem(bug?), which could be a conflict
> between mod_backhand and mod_dir.
>
> I setup my directory index,
>
> <IfModule mod_dir.c>
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi login.cgi
> </IfModule>
>
> In going to http://my.server.com/, I should pickup
> index.html. Instead I'm getting an error, "script not found or
> unable to stat: index.html" about every sixth time the page is
> loaded.
>
> But if I were to goto http://my.server.com/index.html, bypassing
> mod_dir, I never get the stat errors.
>
> BTW index.html is on every server in the cluster.
>
> Any answers? Is this a known bug? I was thinking of getting passed
> mod_dir using redirection or something. I've had no luck. Anyone
> have a quick fix?

<crazy_idea>

Real quick, this goes to anyone who's claimed a problem, but could
they verify that their mod_dir.c sections are the same on all servers?

</crazy_idea>

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden
mod_dir and backhand confliction? [ In reply to ]
I actually have the same httpd.conf on all servers.

-Jason