--
// STOP CENSORSHIP! http://www.odem.org/informationsfreiheit/en/
// Blaster: http://www.a-blast.org/
Virtual Hosts [ In reply to ]
> has someone an example configuration for a cluster with x servers
> and name based virtual hosts?

Better question: does anyone have a patch for the mod_backhand source
that allows mod_backhand to work with name based virtual hosts?

:~) Currently it does not support this. How would you handle
broadcasting out possibly hundreds of virtualhost names every second?
There are problems with this scenario that aren't trivial. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden
Virtual Hosts [ In reply to ]
Sean Chittenden wrote:

>>has someone an example configuration for a cluster with x servers
>>and name based virtual hosts?
>>

>Better question: does anyone have a patch for the mod_backhand source
>that allows mod_backhand to work with name based virtual hosts?
>
>:~) Currently it does not support this. How would you handle
>broadcasting out possibly hundreds of virtualhost names every second?
>There are problems with this scenario that aren't trivial. -sc

I have mod_backhand running on a small set of boxes with 30 or so
virtualhosts. It works fine. The broadcasts are per machine, not per
host. So, they _should_ only broadcast once per Apache instance no
matter the number of virtual hosts you have.

Backhand directives were in File, Location and Directory clauses in the
the Apache configuration file. I don't understand the problem.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
Principal Consultant