Mailing List Archive

[mod_backhand-users] Problems with dynamically loaded candidacy functions on Soalris
Hi -

I'm having trouble getting the out-of-the-box byHostname working on Solaris.
I've found a bunch of related stuff in the archive and, like other people
have reported, with a mod_backhand DSO I get segfaults in byHostname when it
tries to reference serverstats. However, when I build mod_backhand
statically into httpd and try to use byHostname, I can't start httpd and get
this message at startup:

ld.so.1: /apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error:
file /apache/libexec/byHostname.so: symbol serverstats: referenced
symbol not found

I can see from "httpd -l" that mod_backhand is in there as a static module,
but for some reason the global symbols are not available to byHostname.so.
Everything else works fine with both the dynamic and static mod_backhand
builds as long as I'm not using the DSO candidacy function.

Has anyone got this working, and if so, can you send any relevant
preconfigure, configure, httpd.conf tweaks? Once I get it working I'll get
back with any patches as appropriate...

Thanks!
Larry Leszczynski