Mailing List Archive

[mod_backhand-users] Multiple broadcasts from NT Backhand Bro adcaster not working?
Hi Rob -

Thanks for the feedback, it looks like I found the magic solution - grab
mod_backhand-1.2.1 :-)

Didn't know it was out until I noticed it today, built and installed and
*voila* it sees all the NT broadcasts now. I'll have to check and see what
code changes got made...

So now I've got both NT broadcasts with the same ContactIP address, but
different ContactPorts and HostNames. (There are two different services
running on that box, one under IIS on port 80 and a license server on port
81.) I've got a custom byHostname.c that I'm going to use to pick the
server based on the required service. I'll let you know how it turns out...

Thanks!

Larry Leszczynski

[mod_backhand-users] Multiple broadcasts from NT Backhand Bro adcaster not working? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, December 13, 2001, at 01:48 PM, Leszczynski, Larry wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, it looks like I found the magic solution - grab
> mod_backhand-1.2.1 :-)
>
> Didn't know it was out until I noticed it today, built and installed and
> *voila* it sees all the NT broadcasts now. I'll have to check and see
> what
> code changes got made...

From the change log, it was probably this change that helped you out:

* Changed serverstats to allow multiple entries with the same IP but
different
ports -- Mike Cramer <mcramer at pbs dot org>.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/82844984/95FD 30F1 489E 4613 F22E 491A 7E88 364C 8284 4984
[mod_backhand-users] Multiple broadcasts from NT Backhand Bro adcaster not working? [ In reply to ]
Hey Larry,

This should save you some time:

Changed serverstats to allow multiple entries with the same IP but different
ports -- Mike Cramer

This is from the 1.2.1 change log on http://www.backhand.org/mod_backhand/

As I said in my last e-mail mod_backhand 1.2.0 and earlier only used the IP
address to determine "unique" broadcasts. Now mod_backhand uses both the IP
address and the port to determine "unique" broadcasts. I do recommend using
1.2.1 but if for some reason you need to use an older version the 2 IP
addresses would have worked too.

Glad you found the updated version. That came out exactly when NTBHB came
out. I had forgotten about that change.

Do keep me informed on how NTBHB works for you. I'm very interested in
feedback on it.