Mailing List Archive

[mod_backhand-users] session affinity
Okay, I know when to admit that I'm stumped.

I have a Redhat 6.2 box with 2 ethernet cards:
eth0 IP address at 216.27.145.241
eth1 IP address at 192.168.1.1

This machine has one backhanded apache server running on 80 and another
non-backhanded apache server running on 8080. The :80 server has the
following for the backhand config:

I have a single directory balanced with these backhand directives.
Backhand byAge
Backhand byLoad
Backhand bySession SERVER

the multicast, etc. is:
MulticaseStats 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.255:4445
AcceptStats 192.168.1.0/24
BackhandSelfRedirect On

The bySession SERVER is just a test cookie I want to look for to prove
that things are working.

Then I have an Ultra 10 running a tomcat enabled apache server on 80.
This server has a jsp that sets a cookie called SERVER, with the value
of "c0a81a", which translated into 192.168.1.10 ( the IP of the Ultra 10
).

Now, calling the Linux apache server through 216.27.145.241, everything
seems to be balancing fine. This machine and the sun are visible to the
/backhand-status, and I can top both machines and see that httpds are
running high on both when I apply a heavy load. I have this set up so
that it will only serve the jsp when the user is directed to he ultra10,
where the tomcat instance is. If the user gets a 404, then I know he was
directed to the linux machine, where there is no tomcat server running.
All well and good.

BUT, why does this set up not maintain session stickiness? Is there
something drastically wrong with it, that I am not noticing?

Thanks for any insight...

[mod_backhand-users] session affinity [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> Backhand bySession SERVER

Try

Backhand bySession SERVER=