Mailing List Archive

[mod_backhand-users] load balancing and proxy cache server .
Hello ,
im using the latest release of mod_backhand with apache 1.3.20 and with
jdk1.3 and tomcat .

Desciption of my architecture :

i have 2 web servers that make the same work , i use mod_backhand for the
loadbalancing between them .
and i use workers.properties in the Tomcat configuration to allow
loadballancing between the two tomcat server .
i have one dns server using bind who makes Round Robin with 1 secondes TTL
for the both entries ( server web 1 and server web 2 )
they are accessible from the internet under the same name www.server.com (
for ex)

when a client connect for the first time in www.server.com , he is redirect
to server web 1 ( for exemple ) . then a session is created (jsessionid=...
)in this server , and when he makes another GET , he must be redirected to
the same server web where he has a session opened .

when i tried to connect from the internet to www.server.com with a direct
connection , it s work very well .... session are always retrieved .
but when i tried to surf on www.server.com using a proxy -cache server ( like
squid ) to access to the internet , i have a problem with a JSP request .
the client isnot redirected to the right server , so he didnt retrive his
session .

and i dont know why ? and from wich softwaire the problem is comming ??

Any idea ? thank you from your help !!
do you thing that it is possible to resolve this problem with installing a
cluster for the 2 server web ?

Hatim
[mod_backhand-users] load balancing and proxy cache server . [ In reply to ]
--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

> when i tried to connect from the internet to www.server.com with a direct=
=20
> connection , it s work very well .... session are always retrieved .
> but when i tried to surf on www.server.com using a proxy -cache server ( =
like=20
> squid ) to access to the internet , i have a problem with a JSP request .
> the client isnot redirected to the right server , so he didnt retrive his=
=20
> session .
>=20
> and i dont know why ? and from wich softwaire the problem is comming ??
>=20
> Any idea ? thank you from your help !!
> do you thing that it is possible to resolve this problem with installing=
a=20
> cluster for the 2 server web ?=20

It sounds like a cached content issue: set the expires time of
the dynamic pages to expire immediately. I wonder if there's something
funky w/ Tomcat that's setting an expires header. Maybe your
application? -sc

--=20
Sean Chittenden

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz