Mailing List Archive

[mod_backhand-users] Resolution to my problems
After struggling with basic backhand setup, I discovered the following things:

If I put my backhand directory inside my apache directory, nothing worked.
As soon as I moved it out and put it somewhere else, everything was fine. I
had the same non-functionality if I referred to a non-existent backhand
directory. Unfortunately there were no error messages to that effect. Also,
in my case I had to use the Ethernet broadcast mode. Finally, the
backhand-test script did not appear to work. BackhandProxied was never set
and the receiving server appeared to always serve the script without
backhanding. When, however, I created a simple html file with the host name
in it for each server in the cluster, everything worked as expected.

Jeff