I’m trying to setup Apache 1.3.17 with mod_backhand as a load
balancer. I can’t figure out how to configure my httpd.conf
file to simply say, requests going to host.domain.com should
be redirected to hostX.domain.com. Any ideas to help?

Wade T. Funk, CCNA
NetBotz, Inc.
(512)439-5824
funk@netbotz.com
[mod_backhand-users] Load Balancing? [ In reply to ]
Wade,

mod_backhand is peer to peer. It isn't designed to just redirect all requests
to host X. You can use mod_rewrite for that.

If you have a set of hosts and you want to HTTP redirect to them, you should
run mod_backhand on all of them and then use the HTTPRedirectByName candidacy
function. There is information and examples in the FAQ
http://www.backhand.org/mod_backhand/FAQ.shtml#question7

Good luck.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/A8EBCF8F/13BD 8C08 6BE2 629A 527E 2DC2 72C2 AD05 A8EB CF8F