Mailing List Archive

Wackamole & Backhand Cluster
Hi everybody!

I'm setting up an n-Node wackamole cluster. Wackamole is assigned a IP
pool which is published via round-robin DNS.

For example, I have two nodes:

Node 1: Fixed IP: 192.168.0.201
Node 2: Fixed IP: 192.168.0.202

FQDN: somecluster.net with two A records:

192.168.0.210
192.168.0.211

Of course, these two IP's (210, 211) are the IP used by wackamole. (VIPs).

Additionally, I have set up Apache with mod_backhand (SuSE Linux
Enterprise Server 8, mod_backhand 1.2.1, wackamole from CVS, fine-tuned
spread, timings are wonderful).

I've tried lots of different combinations for candidacy functions on the
/srv/www/htdocs and /srv/www/cgi-bin <Directory's>.

Which would be the required configuration for that kind of cluster? Note
that I'm not using HTTP redirection as I do not have a HEAD server
(front-tier I think you call it).

Any comments, ideas, insults?

Thank you!

--
Arturo "Buanzo" Busleiman - www.buanzo.com.ar - GNU/Linux Documentation
President, Open Information System Security Group - Argentina
GNU's es_AR Team Leader - PGP/GnuPG Key available at horowitz.surfnet.nl
Wackamole & Backhand Cluster [ In reply to ]
On Mar 31, 2004, at 2:46 PM, Arturo "Buanzo" Busleiman wrote:

> I'm setting up an n-Node wackamole cluster. Wackamole is assigned a IP
> pool which is published via round-robin DNS.
> Additionally, I have set up Apache with mod_backhand (SuSE Linux
> Enterprise Server 8, mod_backhand 1.2.1, wackamole from CVS,
> fine-tuned
> spread, timings are wonderful).
> Any comments, ideas, insults?

Should work fine. No comments. good luck.

We managed a site with two front nodes running
mod_backhand/mod_ssl/wackamole balancing over 4
apache/mod_bakchand/mod_jk/Tomcat servers. Worked like a charm for a
long time, until the site owner ran out of money :-)

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// Postal Engine -- http://www.postalengine.com/
// Ecelerity: fastest MTA on Earth