Hosting :: http://fr.pl/ ::
Niezale=BFny dost=EAp do internetu: 0 20 95 25
Login: netsurf Has=B3o: netsurf
installation [ In reply to ]
On Mar 21, 2004, at 2:29 PM, Krzysztof Janiszewski wrote:
> I would like to use mod_backhand, but I don't understand exactly how it
> works. Do I have to install one file-server for my cluster and then on
> each
> node install apache and connect that file-server via NFS, so the
> directory
> structure on each server would be identical?

It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish... The setup
you describe should work, but there are a variety of topologies that
can be deployed using mod_backhand.

I suggest reading the course notes from the 2001 ApacheCon. I think it
covers all the bases (explaining how/why it works and giving example
configurations)

http://www.backhand.org/ApacheCon2001/US/backhand_course_notes.pdf

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// Postal Engine -- http://www.postalengine.com/
// Ecelerity: fastest MTA on Earth
installation [ In reply to ]
I have tried this on three machines and it works excellent except for
one machine was SuSe and the other two were Freebsd. I had problems with
NFS between the Linux machine and Freebsd (Freebsd was running the nfs
server). When the load balance would be directed toward the Linux
webserver it would sometimes that it couldn't find the index file and a
'File Not Found' would appear in the browser. Besides that it's worked
very good.

Just letting you know..

Craig.