Mailing List Archive

Backhand as Load-Balancer for Virutal Hosts
Hello everyone!

I have read the documentation and the FAQ but couldn't find out, if it
is possible to realise the following scenario with the backand module.

I want one "Load-Balancer" to be able to redirect requests for some
vhosts, to special webservers. The requests should not be answered by
the "Load-Balancer" itself, but only be sent to these special servers.

This Load-Balancer should also be able to answer requests for other
vhosts by itself, or by redirection with mod_proxy (e.g. ProxyPass,
etc.)

Finally this "Load-Balancer" will be a hot-standby system, realised by
heartbeat.

Would this scenario work with backhand? I would be very glad for any
answer.

Best Regards

Kai

--