Mailing List Archive

What about HTTPRedirectByName?
Hello List,

I want to deploy a load-balancing enviroment including two webservers.
mod_backhand is running as expected, but I get trouble with the sessions
of our application framework.

In the case mod_backhand have to proxy requests to another node,
this webserver doesn't know anything about the defined session. The
query will obvious fail.

So mod_backhand should not proxy to another node but rather redirect
the incomming querys to the best node. This node have to handle all the
requests as long as the session exists.

I expected the Backhand argument 'HTTPRedirectByName' would help me.
But after editing and restarting the apache will fail:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 627 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
HTTPRedirectByName is an unknown Backhand candidacy function.
/usr/sbin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

Here's my conf:

...snip...

<Directory "/">
AllowOverride None
Options None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Backhand addSelf
Backhand byAge
Backhand byRandom
Backhand byLoad 1.0
Backhand HTTPRedirectByName %-2S.%-2H
</Directory>
...snap...

I'm using mod_backhand v1.2.2 compiled in apache v1.3.29 on redhat v8.

Is there anything I have misunderstood or forgotten to read?

Thanks for supporting me.

Bastian Zacher