server for users?

Also is it production safe ?

Any help is much appreciated.
Pete.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.
For any information on the Quinn Group of Companies please visit :-

http://www.quinn-group.com
clustering scenario help needed [ In reply to ]
I really need some help in this so if someone could be of assistance it
would be greatly appreciated.

Pete.

clustering scenario help needed [ In reply to ]
Use the bySessionID candidacy function (or write your own). Then in
your Java app, make the session handler responsible for setting a
session cookie that indicates which machine. bySessionID can read that
session cookie and deliver the user to the same machine again and
again.

I have built this solution for a past client, it works fine.

On Feb 5, 2004, at 4:48 AM, Pete Stokes wrote:

> I really need some help in this so if someone could be of assistance
> it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Pete.
>

> Pete Stokes wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> What I have is Apache & Tomcat serving a webapp. What I want to do is
>> to have 3 Tomcat servers, and use 1 Apache for load balancing. I have
>> to have sticky sessions. This introduces the Apache instance as a
>> single point of failure which I'm looking at how to provide
>> redundancy. Will mod_backhand replicate information between two
>> Apache instances so that if one goes down, the other can continue
>> load balancing to the correct server for users?
>> Also is it production safe ?
>> Any help is much appreciated.
>> Pete.
>> ************* This email and any files transmitted with it are
>> confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
>> entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
>> error please notify the system manager.
>> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
>> MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

> the system manager.

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// Postal Engine -- http://www.postalengine.com/
// Ecelerity: fastest MTA on earth
clustering scenario help needed [ In reply to ]
Thanks.