Backhand byRandom
Backhand byLogWindow
Backhand byLoad
</Director>

It doesn't work fine.
Any ideas?

Hisashi.Yamaguchi
yamaguchi@a-dos.com
apache/tomcat with webapp_module [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 01:02, Hisashi Yamaguchi wrote:
> Hi experts
>
> I would like to know that whether
> mod_backhand supports webapp_module or not.
>
> Following is I'm trying.
>
> <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT">
> Backhand byAge
> Backhand byRandom
> Backhand byLogWindow
> Backhand byLoad
> </Director>
>
> It doesn't work fine.
> Any ideas?

It should work okay. Try changing the order of the modules (using
AddModule lines). Also try using a Location directive instead. I am
not sure what your webapp module is doing.

--
// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
apache/tomcat with webapp_module [ In reply to ]
webapp_module redirects servlet request to tomcat.
This must be necessary module for connection apache/tomcat.
If I specify <Directory "/var/backhand/cgi-bin">, it goes fine,
but <Director "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT"> does not go fine.

I guess mod_backhand does not support connector module
for connection apache/tomcat such as webapp_module.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hisashi.Yamaguchi
apache/tomcat with webapp_module [ In reply to ]
On Nov 10, 2003, at 8:48 PM, Hisashi Yamaguchi wrote:
> webapp_module redirects servlet request to tomcat.
> This must be necessary module for connection apache/tomcat.
> If I specify <Directory "/var/backhand/cgi-bin">, it goes fine,
> but <Director "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT"> does not go fine.
>
> I guess mod_backhand does not support connector module
> for connection apache/tomcat such as webapp_module.

It certainly supports mod_jk, as we used that in production for a few
years on one site. It sounds like you may have the wrong module
use the Location directive or the Files directive to tell mod_backhand
to do its balancing.