Mailing List Archive

connection closed by server?
Hello

I ran into a new backhand problem recently. The moderator process
terminates after running nicely for some time, at an irregular basis. I
could not reproduce the crash manually, but it keeps crashing at least
once a day.
I've modified the apache startup scripts to renice the moderator PID to
a higher process priority.

This is from the apache error.log:

[notice] Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux mod_backhand/1.2.1 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a PHP/4.1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.7 OpenSSL/0.9.6c configured -- resuming normal operations
[notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache/suexec)
[notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)

(20 minutes later)

recvmsg errorconnection closed by serverrecvmsg errorconnection closed by server
recvmsg errorconnection closed by serverrecvmsg errorconnection closed by server
recvmsg errorconnection closed by serverrecvmsg errorconnection closed by server
recvmsg errorconnection closed by serverrecvmsg errorconnection closed by server
recvmsg errorconnection closed by serverrecvmsg errorconnection closed by server
recvmsg errorconnection closed by serverrecvmsg errorconnection closed by server
[notice] child pid 14862 exit signal Broken pipe (13)
[error] (111)Connection refused: Child 15046 failed to establish umbilical to moderator!

[...]

14862 is the PID of the moderator.

I really could need a hint to track down the problem... any ideas out there?

regards,
Martin