Bernhard

message to anyone. In such a case, you should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.
Backhand on AIX [ In reply to ]
Dobbels,

Overall, there is very little code to edit -- and to get ti working at first,
you can just stick 0 in all of the values you don't know the appropriate
system call constructs for.

The only file that needs to be heavily edited (hopefully) is the platform.c
file. This file collects resource information from the system/kernel and
sticks it in the serverstats structure (outlined in serverstats.h). The
reading of kernel parameters (memory utilization, load, number of CPU's, etc.)
is abusively different on each platform. I usually go read the "top" source
code when I get stuck :-) Like I said above, if you don't know how to get
some parameter, you can skip it by just setting it to some arbitrary value and
figure it out later or let someone else figure it out.

AIX is based off SYS V. So, the constructs should be quite similar. The
apue.c file (which is a rip right off Steven Advanced Programming in the Unix
Environment [worderful book] should not need much modificiation -- perhaps an
extra #ifdef or #ifndef clause.

I don't have a log in to an AIX machine on which I have permissions to do this
kind of development, so for now I am of little use.

Good luck ;-)

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/A8EBCF8F/13BD 8C08 6BE2 629A 527E 2DC2 72C2 AD05 A8EB CF8F