enabled=1

Cheers
Stephen

Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 7/06/2014 4:49 PM, Stephen Collier wrote:
> I've created an external repo for el6 for mythtv (Only temporary I
> hope) it is based on atrpms
>
> It is at http://scrpms.net/pub
>
> I am building rpms automatically based on git changes - every 5
> changes will produce an update.
>
> The nvidia drivers are built automatically on kernel releases. I'm
> currently building 331.38 and 337.25
>
> a repo like below should work
>
> [screpo}
> name = screpo
> baseurl = http://scrpms.net/pub/RPMS/el6/$basearch
> enabled=1
gpgkey=http://scrpms.net/pub/RPM-GPG-KEY.scrpms
gpgcheck=1

Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 07/06/2014 07:49, Stephen Collier wrote:
> I've created an external repo for el6 for mythtv (Only temporary I
> hope) it is based on atrpms
>
> It is at http://scrpms.net/pub
>
> I am building rpms automatically based on git changes - every 5
> changes will produce an update.
>
> The nvidia drivers are built automatically on kernel releases. I'm
> currently building 331.38 and 337.25
>
> a repo like below should work
>
> [screpo}
> name = screpo
> baseurl = http://scrpms.net/pub/RPMS/el6/$basearch
> enabled=1
>
> Cheers
> Stephen

Thanks for all the great work Stephen, I've been using your src rpm
since you first put it up months ago and rebuilding every so often

Would you be able to post the script that automatically rebuilds every 5
updates?

cheers

Dunc

Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 10/06/2014 4:48 PM, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 07/06/2014 07:49, Stephen Collier wrote:
>> I've created an external repo for el6 for mythtv (Only temporary I
>> hope) it is based on atrpms
>>
>> It is at http://scrpms.net/pub
>>
>> I am building rpms automatically based on git changes - every 5
>> changes will produce an update.
>>
>> The nvidia drivers are built automatically on kernel releases. I'm
>> currently building 331.38 and 337.25
>>
>> a repo like below should work
>>
>> [screpo}
>> name = screpo
>> baseurl = http://scrpms.net/pub/RPMS/el6/$basearch
>> enabled=1
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stephen
>>
> Thanks for all the great work Stephen, I've been using your src rpm
> since you first put it up months ago and rebuilding every so often
>
> Would you be able to post the script that automatically rebuilds every
> 5 updates?
>
> cheers
>
> Dunc

I'm just tidying them up a bit to make them agnostic of version and
arch. Just need a bit more testing until posting.

Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
The builds are now working for el6 el7 f19 and f20.

The nvidia 340.17 will be built on next kernel update or if someone wants it earlier. The older nvidia drivers can be built if someone is using them.

I've also updated ffmpeg to 2.2.3

I'll post the scripts and put a front page on scrpms.net during next week.

Cheers
Stephen

Sent from Samsung Mobile

On 10 June 2014 09:46:53, Stephen Collier wrote:
> On 10/06/2014 4:48 PM, Duncan Brown wrote:
>> On 07/06/2014 07:49, Stephen Collier wrote:
>>> I've created an external repo for el6 for mythtv (Only temporary I
>>> hope) it is based on atrpms
>>>
>>> It is at http://scrpms.net/pub
>>>
>>> I am building rpms automatically based on git changes - every 5
>>> changes will produce an update.
>>>
>>> The nvidia drivers are built automatically on kernel releases. I'm
>>> currently building 331.38 and 337.25
>>>
>>> a repo like below should work
>>>
>>> [screpo}
>>> name = screpo
>>> baseurl = http://scrpms.net/pub/RPMS/el6/$basearch
>>> enabled=1
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Stephen
>>>
>> Thanks for all the great work Stephen, I've been using your src rpm
>> since you first put it up months ago and rebuilding every so often
>>
>> Would you be able to post the script that automatically rebuilds
>> every 5 updates?
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Dunc

> I'm just tidying them up a bit to make them agnostic of version and
> arch. Just need a bit more testing until posting.

Good to hear, thanks
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]

scripts are at http://scrpms.net/pub/scripts
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 25/06/2014 17:19, Collier Family wrote:
> On 21/06/2014 9:36 am, Stephen Collier wrote:
>> The builds are now working for el6 el7 f19 and f20.
>>
>> The nvidia 340.17 will be built on next kernel update or if someone
>> wants it earlier. The older nvidia drivers can be built if someone is
>> using them.
>>
>> I've also updated ffmpeg to 2.2.3
>>
>> I'll post the scripts and put a front page on scrpms.net during next
>> week.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stephen
>>
>> Sent from Samsung Mobile

Thanks Stephen, great work
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 26/06/2014 4:42 am, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 25/06/2014 17:19, Collier Family wrote:
>> On 21/06/2014 9:36 am, Stephen Collier wrote:
>>> The builds are now working for el6 el7 f19 and f20.
>>>
>>> The nvidia 340.17 will be built on next kernel update or if someone
>>> wants it earlier. The older nvidia drivers can be built if someone
>>> is using them.
>>>
>>> I've also updated ffmpeg to 2.2.3
>>>
>>> I'll post the scripts and put a front page on scrpms.net during next
>>> week.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Stephen
>>>
>>> Sent from Samsung Mobile

There was an error in the script I hadn't noticed - it is now fixed. The
update checks and creates a new version if 7 days have passed since the
last git commit as the assumption is that after 7 days it should not
have a bad bug in it. The 5 commits still stands. There is currently a
problem with mock builds of F19 i386 nvidia drivers but they build
within a mock shell so it must just be a weird mock problem. They were
building before so I expect after another update they will build again.
If anyone is desperate for a F19 i386 let me know an i'll attempt to fix
it but I have not seen any activity on these builds.
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 26/06/2014 12:48 pm, Collier Family wrote:

There is now a .3 version which fixes the --version info there is also a
change in the script file to create it.
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 26/06/2014 4:42 am, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 25/06/2014 17:19, Collier Family wrote:
>> On 21/06/2014 9:36 am, Stephen Collier wrote:
>>> The builds are now working for el6 el7 f19 and f20.
>>>
>>> The nvidia 340.17 will be built on next kernel update or if someone
>>> wants it earlier. The older nvidia drivers can be built if someone
>>> is using them.
>>>
>>> I've also updated ffmpeg to 2.2.3
>>>
>>> I'll post the scripts and put a front page on scrpms.net during next
>>> week.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Stephen
>>>
>>> Sent from Samsung Mobile

There has been a major change to the scripts - 0.27.2 broke them. They
now self build the source files and are completely controlled by git.
You could build 0.28 by rebasing the repo.

Stephen
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 30/06/2014 00:16, Collier Family wrote:
> There has been a major change to the scripts - 0.27.2 broke them. They
> now self build the source files and are completely controlled by git.
> You could build 0.28 by rebasing the repo.
>
> Stephen
What was the reasoning behind generating a new source file each time
instead of a patch?

Just curious more than anything else

cheers

Dunc
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
The new source is only if there is a new version. Such as 27.2. This is because the source is expected to be at mythtv-${version} and extracting the source and moving the base directory and retar was not a good look. Creating a new source was simpler. There was a bug in the original attempt that did an incorrect version comparison and created one for every commit but that was fixed and commits will patch as normal.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers
Stephen

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S4 on the Telstra 4G network

Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 01/07/2014 00:25, judithc wrote:
> The new source is only if there is a new version. Such as 27.2. This
> is because the source is expected to be at mythtv-${version} and
> extracting the source and moving the base directory and retar was not
> a good look. Creating a new source was simpler. There was a bug in the
> original attempt that did an incorrect version comparison and created
> one for every commit but that was fixed and commits will patch as normal.
>
> I hope that makes sense.
>
> Cheers
> Stephen

Ah OK, I only skimmed it and thought it was doing it each time, that
makes sense though

I'm getting an error doing a --rebuild on your 27.2 srpm on el6, any ideas?

/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper/main.cpp:1006:
undefined reference to `MythCoreContext::GetMasterServerPort()'
/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper/main.cpp:1006:
undefined reference to `MythCoreContext::GetMasterServerIP()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mytharchivehelper] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper'
make[1]: *** [sub-mytharchivehelper-make_default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive'
make: *** [sub-mytharchive-make_default] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.TflHvR (%build)
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 1/07/2014 6:45 pm, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 01/07/2014 00:25, judithc wrote:
>> The new source is only if there is a new version. Such as 27.2. This
>> is because the source is expected to be at mythtv-${version} and
>> extracting the source and moving the base directory and retar was not
>> a good look. Creating a new source was simpler. There was a bug in
>> the original attempt that did an incorrect version comparison and
>> created one for every commit but that was fixed and commits will
>> patch as normal.
>>
>> I hope that makes sense.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stephen
>>

> Ah OK, I only skimmed it and thought it was doing it each time, that
> makes sense though
>
> I'm getting an error doing a --rebuild on your 27.2 srpm on el6, any
> ideas?
>
> /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper/main.cpp:1006:
> undefined reference to `MythCoreContext::GetMasterServerPort()'
> /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper/main.cpp:1006:
> undefined reference to `MythCoreContext::GetMasterServerIP()'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [mytharchivehelper] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper'
> make[1]: *** [sub-mytharchivehelper-make_default] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive'
> make: *** [sub-mytharchive-make_default] Error 2
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.TflHvR (%build)

I am sorry for not replying earlier, I have been away, my phone didn't
seem to like replying to emails.

Is this still a problem? There seems to be a lot of activity on the
mythtv git so updates are becoming very frequent.

Cheers
Stephen
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 10/07/2014 20:14, Collier Family wrote:
> On 1/07/2014 6:45 pm, Duncan Brown wrote:
>> On 01/07/2014 00:25, judithc wrote:
>>> The new source is only if there is a new version. Such as 27.2. This
>>> is because the source is expected to be at mythtv-${version} and
>>> extracting the source and moving the base directory and retar was
>>> not a good look. Creating a new source was simpler. There was a bug
>>> in the original attempt that did an incorrect version comparison and
>>> created one for every commit but that was fixed and commits will
>>> patch as normal.
>>>
>>> I hope that makes sense.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Stephen
>>>

>> Ah OK, I only skimmed it and thought it was doing it each time, that
>> makes sense though
>>
>> I'm getting an error doing a --rebuild on your 27.2 srpm on el6, any
>> ideas?
>>
>> /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper/main.cpp:1006:
>> undefined reference to `MythCoreContext::GetMasterServerPort()'
>> /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper/main.cpp:1006:
>> undefined reference to `MythCoreContext::GetMasterServerIP()'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[2]: *** [mytharchivehelper] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>> `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper'
>> make[1]: *** [sub-mytharchivehelper-make_default] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive'
>> make: *** [sub-mytharchive-make_default] Error 2
>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.TflHvR (%build)

> I am sorry for not replying earlier, I have been away, my phone didn't
> seem to like replying to emails.
>
> Is this still a problem? There seems to be a lot of activity on the
> mythtv git so updates are becoming very frequent.
>
> Cheers
> Stephen
All sorted now, it didn't seem to like building without having a
previous version installed at the time.

Either way, I've done a complete rebuild since with Centos 7, and it
built fine on there (after having to build most of the dependencies from
f19/20 src rpms)

cheers

Dunc
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 11/07/2014 10:41 pm, Duncan Brown wrote:
> On 10/07/2014 20:14, Collier Family wrote:

>>> Ah OK, I only skimmed it and thought it was doing it each time, that
>>> makes sense though
>>>
>>> I'm getting an error doing a --rebuild on your 27.2 srpm on el6, any
>>> ideas?
>>>
>>> /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper/main.cpp:1006:
>>> undefined reference to `MythCoreContext::GetMasterServerPort()'
>>> /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper/main.cpp:1006:
>>> undefined reference to `MythCoreContext::GetMasterServerIP()'
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make[2]: *** [mytharchivehelper] Error 1
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>>> `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive/mytharchivehelper'
>>> make[1]: *** [sub-mytharchivehelper-make_default] Error 2
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>>> `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.27.2/mythplugins-0.27.2/mytharchive'
>>> make: *** [sub-mytharchive-make_default] Error 2
>>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.TflHvR (%build)

>> I am sorry for not replying earlier, I have been away, my phone
>> didn't seem to like replying to emails.
>>
>> Is this still a problem? There seems to be a lot of activity on the
>> mythtv git so updates are becoming very frequent.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stephen
> All sorted now, it didn't seem to like building without having a
> previous version installed at the time.
>
> Either way, I've done a complete rebuild since with Centos 7, and it
> built fine on there (after having to build most of the dependencies
> from f19/20 src rpms)
>

> cheers
>
> Dunc

Can you let me know what dependencies you required that I'm not
currently building. I haven't installed it only building at the moment
although I do have a el7 system at home using for testing some of new
features.
Re: mythtv 0.27.1 [ In reply to ]
On 11/07/2014 21:13, Collier Family wrote:
> On 11/07/2014 10:41 pm, Duncan Brown wrote:

>>> I am sorry for not replying earlier, I have been away, my phone
>>> didn't seem to like replying to emails.
>>>
>>> Is this still a problem? There seems to be a lot of activity on the
>>> mythtv git so updates are becoming very frequent.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Stephen
>> All sorted now, it didn't seem to like building without having a
>> previous version installed at the time.
>>
>> Either way, I've done a complete rebuild since with Centos 7, and it
>> built fine on there (after having to build most of the dependencies
>> from f19/20 src rpms)
>>

>> cheers
>>
>> Dunc

> Can you let me know what dependencies you required that I'm not
> currently building. I haven't installed it only building at the moment
> although I do have a el7 system at home using for testing some of new
> features.
I think this is most of them , with a lot of their dependencies being
pulled in from elrepo and epel. I've since gone back and reduced a lot
of the stuff needed by trying to avoid the atrpms srpms as much as
possible. The el7 atrpms stuff is just a mess for mythtv unfortunately.
So much specific version stuff that is now standard in el7, and ends up
making unnecessary dependencies. A lot of stuff just fails to build too.

arts-1.5.10-23.fc20.src.rpm
faad2-2.7-5.fc20.src.rpm
libglademm24-2.6.7-9.fc20.src.rpm
libquicktime-1.2.4-13.fc20.src.rpm
mpg123-1.19.0-1.fc20.src.rpm
mplayer-1.1-21.20140327svn.fc20.src.rpm
nas-1.9.4-1.fc20.src.rpm
perl-HTTP-Cache-Transparent-1.1-3.fc20.src.rpm
perl-Tk-TableMatrix-1.23-18.fc20.src.rpm

Mplayer/mpg123 is responsible for most of them, and originally trying to
build the mplayer.src.rpm currently in atrpms led me down an awful
rabbit hole of dependencies. Don't remember why I used the fc20 arts
over yours?

Also I had to comment out this bit in the spec as the detection wasn't
working properly and kdelib3 was breaking stuff

#%if 0%{?fedora} > 16 || 0%{?rhel} > 6
BuildRequires: kdelibs-devel
#%else
#BuildRequires: kdelibs3-devel
#%endif

The only other thing needed was a mythbackend.service file to replace
the init.d - http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Systemd_mythbackend_Configuration

Systemd is still V compatible, but it works a load nicer if you do it
properly

cheers

Dunc