Mailing List Archive

Nvidia long lived 319.49
Hello Paulo,

Please prepare an src rpm for the new
long lived nvidia driver , when you have some spare time . Much appreciate your help .

Milorad
Re: Nvidia long lived 319.49 [ In reply to ]
I had some fun upgrading from F17 to F18...

One of the problems was that nvidia 319 does not compile any more with the
latest 3.10 kernel. Axel compiled the newest nvidia 325.15, which works,
despite of a message complaining about a missing libGL during installation.
There seems to be some patches available, but I agree we are better off
using an official version.

Therefore, lets wait until the dust settles down, before trying another
driver...

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
DCC - UFRJ
Re: Nvidia long lived 319.49 [ In reply to ]
Hello Paulo ,

The el6 64bit compiled just fine no errors . I have installed , for me it also complains about a dependency for that opengl library which does not exist. Once forced in works beautifully , I have had it running all this time without any issues . Much thanks for your help .

Best Regards

O&M Ugarcina