Mailing List Archive

Installing mythtv-0.26.0-294 on Centos 6.4 fails
Dear atrpms:
Ok something is obviously broke and I am confused at to what it
might be. Recently mythtv-0.26.0-294.el6.x86_64 showed up as an update
to -292.1. After trying several ways to upgrade I removed all *myth*
and *MythTV* rpm using yum. I then ran rpm --rebuilddb and yum check
and saw zero errors. After a reboot "rpm -qa | grep myth" and "rpm -qa
| grep MythTV" both return nothing. The command "yum install mythtv
mythtv-frontend mythtv-backend mythtv-setup mythtv-common
--exclude=*0.24* --exclude=*0.25* --disablerepo=rpmf*" then returns no
package available.
> [root@mythbox yum.repos.d]# rpm -qa | grep myth
> [root@mythbox yum.repos.d]# rpm -qa | grep MythTV
> [root@mythbox yum.repos.d]# yum install mythtv mythtv-frontend mythtv-backend mythtv-setup mythtv-common --exclude=*0.24* --exclude=*0.25* --disablerepo=rpmf*
> Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, downloadonly, fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit
> * base: centos.corenetworks.net
> * elrepo: repos.mia.lax-noc.com
> * epel: mirror.metrocast.net
> * epel-debuginfo: mirror.metrocast.net
> * extras: mirror.nexcess.net
> * updates: mirror.es.its.nyu.edu
> 840 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> Setting up Install Process
> No package mythtv available.
> No package mythtv-frontend available.
> No package mythtv-backend available.
> No package mythtv-setup available.
> No package mythtv-common available.
> Error: Nothing to do
> [root@mythbox yum.repos.d]#

I'm also pretty sure my atrpms repos are setup correctly, but I'm
pasting below for reference. Anyone got an idea how to get mythtv
backup and running.

Sincerely,
Bob Lightfoot

Re: Installing mythtv-0.26.0-294 on Centos 6.4 fails [ In reply to ]
Hi,

the yum run does not mention any atrpms repos, so I guess it's an
issue with setting up the repo files. Just download atrpms-repo and
install it.

Actaullay the contents of your repo files looks OK, at least they
should have shown up on the list of actiavted repos, but perhaps the
permissions are off. Remove the files and use the ones that
atrpms-repo deploys.

If that didn't help then for debugging purposes try

yum clean all
yum --disableplugin=priorities --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=base,updates,atrpms -d9 -e9 install mythtv\*
or
yum --disableplugin=priorities --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=base,updates,atrpms -d9 -e9 list mythtv\*

and check the output. As it's going to be quite big, if you want to
post something from the output, please trim to the important parts. :)

HTH, Axel.

Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net