here with the builds outside of ATrpms. Is there a technical issue of
some sort?

Thanks.

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 08:17:40AM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> I was wondering if I could I get an update on the possibility of
> CentOS 6 packages for MythTV 0.26 showing up on ATrpms? I've seen
> the traffic here with the builds outside of ATrpms. Is there a
> technical issue of some sort?

Yes, there is an issue on x86_64 - technical issues are usually
discussed on atrpms-devel.

On the bright side - it looks like there is a sane fix for that and
that there will be updates over the weekend for your installation
pleasure. :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 5/17/2013 12:42 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 08:17:40AM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>> I was wondering if I could I get an update on the possibility of
>> CentOS 6 packages for MythTV 0.26 showing up on ATrpms? I've seen
>> the traffic here with the builds outside of ATrpms. Is there a
>> technical issue of some sort?
> Yes, there is an issue on x86_64 - technical issues are usually
> discussed on atrpms-devel.

Alas, my contributions are such that I belong on the user side :(

> On the bright side - it looks like there is a sane fix for that and
> that there will be updates over the weekend for your installation
> pleasure. :)
Yay! Of course, I need to upgrade from 0.24.3 to 0.25 first I think.

Thanks for the update.

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 01:14:15PM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 5/17/2013 12:42 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 08:17:40AM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> >>I was wondering if I could I get an update on the possibility of
> >>CentOS 6 packages for MythTV 0.26 showing up on ATrpms? I've seen
> >>the traffic here with the builds outside of ATrpms. Is there a
> >>technical issue of some sort?
> >Yes, there is an issue on x86_64 - technical issues are usually
> >discussed on atrpms-devel.
>
> Alas, my contributions are such that I belong on the user side :(
>

> >On the bright side - it looks like there is a sane fix for that and
> >that there will be updates over the weekend for your installation
> >pleasure. :)
> Yay! Of course, I need to upgrade from 0.24.3 to 0.25 first I think.

Actually there will also be fresh 0.25.x packages as well, even fresh
0.24.x.

I'm not sure whether you have to update that way - this is something
best asked on the mythtv-users list. I suspect you may update
immediately to 0.26.

Packages are uploaded now, should be visible soon.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

MythTV 0.26 on ATrpms [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Just upgraded to 0.26 yesterday build from atrpms, from 0.25 (old atrpms
build) on F17 - i386.

It was a smooth upgrade - no problems at all:-)

Nice to have Axel back. Thanks!!

Regards,
Kim

Re: MythTV 0.26 on ATrpms [ In reply to ]
I had been holding off for this and was getting to the stage where I was
contemplating building it from source and installing so this is good to
hear.

Steve.

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 5/18/2013 2:15 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Actually there will also be fresh 0.25.x packages as well, even fresh
> 0.24.x. I'm not sure whether you have to update that way - this is
> something best asked on the mythtv-users list. I suspect you may
> update immediately to 0.26. Packages are uploaded now, should be
> visible soon.
>> Thanks for the update.

I performed the less interesting 0.24.3-283 to 0.24.3-284 refresh. Looks
fine.

My issue is that I need to migrate my backend to the new CentoOS 6 host
that's been sitting next to it for months now:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration

Axel bumped things back to the list as far as jumping right to 0.26. Any
thoughts? I don't see any notes on the 0.26 page as far as skipped
versions go.

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 20/05/13 18:25, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 5/18/2013 2:15 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
>> Actually there will also be fresh 0.25.x packages as well, even fresh
>> 0.24.x. I'm not sure whether you have to update that way - this is
>> something best asked on the mythtv-users list. I suspect you may
>> update immediately to 0.26. Packages are uploaded now, should be
>> visible soon.
>>> Thanks for the update.
>
> I performed the less interesting 0.24.3-283 to 0.24.3-284 refresh. Looks
> fine.
>
> My issue is that I need to migrate my backend to the new CentoOS 6 host
> that's been sitting next to it for months now:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration
>
> Axel bumped things back to the list as far as jumping right to 0.26. Any
> thoughts? I don't see any notes on the 0.26 page as far as skipped
> versions go.

I _think_ 0.24.3 to 0.26 ought to be OK; this was a recent thread that
Mike Dean seemed to approve.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/543508#543508

I'm not clear if you have been using CentOS 6 for TV reception. There's
no support for some recent devices, at least until Axel rebuilds the V4L
kmdl, and I haven't been able to run the linuxtv media_build script to
completion recently, which used to be an alternative. Currently I'm
using the kernel-lt from elrepo, but it comes with health warnings.

John P

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 5/20/2013 12:05 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 20/05/13 18:25, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>
>> On 5/18/2013 2:15 PM, Axel Thimm wrote:
>>> Actually there will also be fresh 0.25.x packages as well, even fresh
>>> 0.24.x. I'm not sure whether you have to update that way - this is
>>> something best asked on the mythtv-users list. I suspect you may
>>> update immediately to 0.26. Packages are uploaded now, should be
>>> visible soon.
>>
>> I performed the less interesting 0.24.3-283 to 0.24.3-284 refresh. Looks
>> fine.
>>
>> My issue is that I need to migrate my backend to the new CentoOS 6 host
>> that's been sitting next to it for months now:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration
>>
>> Axel bumped things back to the list as far as jumping right to 0.26. Any
>> thoughts? I don't see any notes on the 0.26 page as far as skipped
>> versions go.
>>

> I _think_ 0.24.3 to 0.26 ought to be OK; this was a recent thread
> that Mike Dean seemed to approve.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/543508#543508
>
> I'm not clear if you have been using CentOS 6 for TV reception.
> There's no support for some recent devices, at least until Axel
> rebuilds the V4L kmdl, and I haven't been able to run the linuxtv
> media_build script to completion recently, which used to be an
> alternative. Currently I'm using the kernel-lt from elrepo, but it
> comes with health warnings.
>
> John P

No, it's two classic HD Homeruns and one HD Homerun Prime on Comcast
cable. Have an antenna in the garage but have never hooked it up to the
classics.

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 20/05/13 20:19, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 5/20/2013 12:05 PM, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> I performed the less interesting 0.24.3-283 to 0.24.3-284 refresh. Looks
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> My issue is that I need to migrate my backend to the new CentoOS 6 host
>>> that's been sitting next to it for months now:
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration
>>>
>>> Axel bumped things back to the list as far as jumping right to 0.26. Any
>>> thoughts? I don't see any notes on the 0.26 page as far as skipped
>>> versions go.
>>>

>> I _think_ 0.24.3 to 0.26 ought to be OK; this was a recent thread
>> that Mike Dean seemed to approve.
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/543508#543508
>>
>> I'm not clear if you have been using CentOS 6 for TV reception.
>> There's no support for some recent devices, at least until Axel
>> rebuilds the V4L kmdl, and I haven't been able to run the linuxtv
>> media_build script to completion recently, which used to be an
>> alternative. Currently I'm using the kernel-lt from elrepo, but it
>> comes with health warnings.
>>

> No, it's two classic HD Homeruns and one HD Homerun Prime on Comcast
> cable. Have an antenna in the garage but have never hooked it up to the
> classics.

OK, perhaps you won't have that problem; but for anyone else who might
be tempted to try the kernel-lt route, I'm not sure if nvidia drivers
are available for it - although elrepo does have some packages that just
might be kernel-version-independent. My laptop is nvidia-free, so I
haven't checked.

Some time ago there were suggestions that Scientific Linux worked with
Myth 0.26 and CentOS didn't. I don't think anyone got to the bottom of
that.

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:

> OK, perhaps you won't have that problem; but for anyone else who might be
> tempted to try the kernel-lt route, I'm not sure if nvidia drivers are
> available for it - although elrepo does have some packages that just might
> be kernel-version-independent. My laptop is nvidia-free, so I haven't
> checked.
>
> Some time ago there were suggestions that Scientific Linux worked with
> Myth 0.26 and CentOS didn't. I don't think anyone got to the bottom of
> that.

No, SL was eventually bit by the same problem, and the solution is still
the same, downgrade qtwebkit to 2.0-3 (not sure what the SL release number
is).

Richard
Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 21/05/2013 6:54 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> No, SL was eventually bit by the same problem, and the solution is
> still the same, downgrade qtwebkit to 2.0-3 (not sure what the SL
> release number is).
>
> Richard

I'm running qtwebkit-2.1.1-1.el6.x86_64 with no issues on SL 6.3. What
was the issue?

Stephen
Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Collier Family <judithc@bigpond.net.au>wrote:

> On 21/05/2013 6:54 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>

> No, SL was eventually bit by the same problem, and the solution is still
> the same, downgrade qtwebkit to 2.0-3 (not sure what the SL release
> number is).
>
> Richard
>
> I'm running qtwebkit-2.1.1-1.el6.x86_64 with no issues on SL 6.3. What
> was the issue?

Interesting... I initially thought it was only CentOS, but on the mythtv
bug report (don't have the # handy) someone running SL ran into the same
issue... I'm not sure now. What version of Myth are you running?

Richard
Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 21/05/13 13:39, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Collier Family <judithc@bigpond.net.au
> <mailto:judithc@bigpond.net.au>> wrote:
>
> On 21/05/2013 6:54 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>>
>> No, SL was eventually bit by the same problem, and the solution is
>> still the same, downgrade qtwebkit to 2.0-3 (not sure what the SL
>> release number is).
>>
>> Richard
>>
> I'm running qtwebkit-2.1.1-1.el6.x86_64 with no issues on SL 6.3.
> What was the issue?
>

> Interesting... I initially thought it was only CentOS, but on the mythtv
> bug report (don't have the # handy) someone running SL ran into the same
> issue... I'm not sure now. What version of Myth are you running?
>
> Richard

Tickets #10265, #10302, I think. I'll check my qtwebkit version later,
but I don't think I saw socket problems, and have taken no special
action to avoid them. Since I'm now using kde-unstable my qtwebkit may
well be v2.3.1. MythTV is Richard's latest 0.26-fixes build.

John

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 5/20/2013 10:25 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> I performed the less interesting 0.24.3-283 to 0.24.3-284 refresh.
> Looks fine.

Spoke too soon. One of my two front ends is exhibiting jerky playback.
This is my ultra-thin Nvidia-ION box in the bedroom. The beefier GT-430
box in the living room seems to be fine.

Now to be fair, I've always had a policy of not upgrading the base OS if
things are working. So I'm still running CentOS 6.3 and Nvidia 302.17.

I guess I need to upgrade to the current OS and Nvidia 319.17 before I
can complain.

Kirk

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 21/05/13 17:01, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 5/20/2013 10:25 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>
>> I performed the less interesting 0.24.3-283 to 0.24.3-284 refresh.
>> Looks fine.
>>

> Spoke too soon. One of my two front ends is exhibiting jerky playback.
> This is my ultra-thin Nvidia-ION box in the bedroom. The beefier GT-430
> box in the living room seems to be fine.
>
> Now to be fair, I've always had a policy of not upgrading the base OS if
> things are working. So I'm still running CentOS 6.3 and Nvidia 302.17.
>
> I guess I need to upgrade to the current OS and Nvidia 319.17 before I
> can complain.
>
> Kirk

Milorad says the build doesn't have vdpau. mythfrontend --version ought
to show that. eg using_vdpau... or not.

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 5/21/2013 10:41 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 21/05/13 17:01, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>
>> On 5/20/2013 10:25 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>>
>>> I performed the less interesting 0.24.3-283 to 0.24.3-284 refresh.
>>> Looks fine.
>>>

>> Spoke too soon. One of my two front ends is exhibiting jerky playback.
>> This is my ultra-thin Nvidia-ION box in the bedroom. The beefier GT-430
>> box in the living room seems to be fine.
>>
>> Now to be fair, I've always had a policy of not upgrading the base OS if
>> things are working. So I'm still running CentOS 6.3 and Nvidia 302.17.
>>
>> I guess I need to upgrade to the current OS and Nvidia 319.17 before I
>> can complain.
>>
>> Kirk
>>

> Milorad says the build doesn't have vdpau. mythfrontend --version
> ought to show that. eg using_vdpau... or not.

$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v0.24.3-8-gcbf4d8d
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version : 4.7.2
Options compiled in:
linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

Right you are. I'm amazed my living room GT-430 machine is playable
*without* VDPAU.

Axel, any chance of a respin?

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 22/05/2013 4:02 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 5/21/2013 10:41 AM, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> Spoke too soon. One of my two front ends is exhibiting jerky playback.
>>> This is my ultra-thin Nvidia-ION box in the bedroom. The beefier GT-430
>>> box in the living room seems to be fine.
>>>
>>> Now to be fair, I've always had a policy of not upgrading the base
>>> OS if
>>> things are working. So I'm still running CentOS 6.3 and Nvidia 302.17.
>>>
>>> I guess I need to upgrade to the current OS and Nvidia 319.17 before I
>>> can complain.
>>>
>>> Kirk
>>>

>> Milorad says the build doesn't have vdpau. mythfrontend --version
>> ought to show that. eg using_vdpau... or not.
>>

> $ mythfrontend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v0.24.3-8-gcbf4d8d
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.24
> Network Protocol : 63
> Library API : 0.24.20110505-1
> QT Version : 4.7.2
> Options compiled in:
> linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
> using_bindings_python using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire
> using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
> using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_qtdbus
> using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
> using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_mythtranscode using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg
>
> Right you are. I'm amazed my living room GT-430 machine is playable
> *without* VDPAU.
>
> Axel, any chance of a respin?

I had this issue when creating rpms for 0.26 and I had to change Axel's
spec file a bit to make it work. I'll have a look this afternoon and
post the change.

Stephen

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:45:37AM +1000, Collier Family wrote:
> On 22/05/2013 4:02 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> >>Milorad says the build doesn't have vdpau. mythfrontend
> >>--version ought to show that. eg using_vdpau... or not.
> >>

> >$ mythfrontend --version
> >Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> >MythTV Version : v0.24.3-8-gcbf4d8d
> >MythTV Branch : fixes/0.24
> >Network Protocol : 63
> >Library API : 0.24.20110505-1
> >QT Version : 4.7.2
> >Options compiled in:
> > linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
> >using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
> >using_bindings_python using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire
> >using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
> >using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
> >using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
> >using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl
> >using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_ffmpeg_threads
> >using_live using_mheg
> >
> >Right you are. I'm amazed my living room GT-430 machine is
> >playable *without* VDPAU.
> >
> >Axel, any chance of a respin?

Sure, once we find out why this happens.

> I had this issue when creating rpms for 0.26 and I had to change
> Axel's spec file a bit to make it work. I'll have a look this
> afternoon and post the change.

That would be great.

I compared the old and new 0.24.x builds and other than a newer nvidia
lib packahes there are no striking changes. :(
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Re: MythTV 0.26 On ATrpms [ In reply to ]
On 22/05/2013 11:54 AM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:45:37AM +1000, Collier Family wrote:

>>> $ mythfrontend --version
>>> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
>>> MythTV Version : v0.24.3-8-gcbf4d8d
>>> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.24
>>> Network Protocol : 63
>>> Library API : 0.24.20110505-1
>>> QT Version : 4.7.2
>>> Options compiled in:
>>> linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
>>> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
>>> using_bindings_python using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire
>>> using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
>>> using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
>>> using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
>>> using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl
>>> using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_ffmpeg_threads
>>> using_live using_mheg
>>>
>>> Right you are. I'm amazed my living room GT-430 machine is
>>> playable *without* VDPAU.
>>>
>>> Axel, any chance of a respin?
> Sure, once we find out why this happens.
>
>> I had this issue when creating rpms for 0.26 and I had to change
>> Axel's spec file a bit to make it work. I'll have a look this
>> afternoon and post the change.
> That would be great.
>
> I compared the old and new 0.24.x builds and other than a newer nvidia
> lib packahes there are no striking changes. :(
This is the only change I can see that might effect it
424a425,432

> # Replace static lib paths with %{_lib} so we build properly on x86_64
> # systems, where the libs are actually in lib64.
> if [ "%{_lib}" != "lib" ]; then
> find \( -name 'configure' -o -name '*pro' -o -name 'Makefile' \)
-exec sed -r -i -e 's,/lib\b,/%{_lib},g' {} \+
> fi

The problem only came up after the first few builds, I think it may ave
been after a nvidia update.

Cheers
Stephen

Re: MythTV 0.26 on ATrpms [ In reply to ]
What output are you using for your system?

I upgraded my two frontends and found out that OpenGL, VDPAU and VAAPI are
missing from the builds. And it definitely used to work with 0.25...

Deyan

Re: MythTV 0.26 on ATrpms [ In reply to ]
Sorry, I just saw that Axel had already answered that question yesterday
and indeed VDPAU support was missing from the builds.

I would be interested in finding out about OpenGL and VAAPI...

Re: MythTV 0.26 on ATrpms [ In reply to ]
What arch are you using i686 or x86_64 there appears to be a problem with 64 bit.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Re: MythTV 0.26 on ATrpms [ In reply to ]
Yes, both frontends are x86_64.

Re: MythTV 0.26 on ATrpms [ In reply to ]
I posted the solution yesterday so Axel should be able to respin soon. If you need a fix straight away you could use the version I put in my Dropbox
Stephen

Sent from Samsung Mobile