packaging into rpms to work, and I'm pretty sure that more ought to be
made to account for the fact that mythmusic has its own theme. But now
today's lib packages won't install; they need /usr/sbin/ldconfig, while
the same packages built earlier use /sbin/ldconfig.

I think the problem may lie in /etc/rpm/macros.atrpms from the new
atrpms-rpm-config package. I have the 198-3 build from f15 and will try
using that.

John P

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
On 26/03/13 21:55, John Pilkington wrote:
> I made new builds of 0.26-fixes el6 i386 on Tues 19 March and today. I
> had to make changes today to the mythmusic files lists to get the
> packaging into rpms to work, and I'm pretty sure that more ought to be
> made to account for the fact that mythmusic has its own theme. But now
> today's lib packages won't install; they need /usr/sbin/ldconfig, while
> the same packages built earlier use /sbin/ldconfig.
>
> I think the problem may lie in /etc/rpm/macros.atrpms from the new
> atrpms-rpm-config package. I have the 198-3 build from f15 and will try
> using that.

Reverting to 198-3 gave a set of packages that all installed - but I
find I do have 201-3, which worked before, so I'll install that for the
next iteration. As I said above, this is on an el6/i386 laptop.

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
On 26/03/13 23:20, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 26/03/13 21:55, John Pilkington wrote:
>> I made new builds of 0.26-fixes el6 i386 on Tues 19 March and today. I
>> had to make changes today to the mythmusic files lists to get the
>> packaging into rpms to work, and I'm pretty sure that more ought to be
>> made to account for the fact that mythmusic has its own theme. But now
>> today's lib packages won't install; they need /usr/sbin/ldconfig, while
>> the same packages built earlier use /sbin/ldconfig.
>>
>> I think the problem may lie in /etc/rpm/macros.atrpms from the new
>> atrpms-rpm-config package. I have the 198-3 build from f15 and will try
>> using that.
>
> Reverting to 198-3 gave a set of packages that all installed - but I
> find I do have 201-3, which worked before, so I'll install that for the
> next iteration. As I said above, this is on an el6/i386 laptop.

I should perhaps say that I now have a problem with the laptop: It
can't find /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_home. I have no real idea of what
might have caused it. Writing GB sized files under python with no
explicit checks on where they are going?

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
On 30/03/13 08:23, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 26/03/13 23:20, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 26/03/13 21:55, John Pilkington wrote:
>>> I made new builds of 0.26-fixes el6 i386 on Tues 19 March and today. I
>>> had to make changes today to the mythmusic files lists to get the
>>> packaging into rpms to work, and I'm pretty sure that more ought to be
>>> made to account for the fact that mythmusic has its own theme. But now
>>> today's lib packages won't install; they need /usr/sbin/ldconfig, while
>>> the same packages built earlier use /sbin/ldconfig.
>>>
>>> I think the problem may lie in /etc/rpm/macros.atrpms from the new
>>> atrpms-rpm-config package. I have the 198-3 build from f15 and will try
>>> using that.
>>
>> Reverting to 198-3 gave a set of packages that all installed - but I
>> find I do have 201-3, which worked before, so I'll install that for the
>> next iteration. As I said above, this is on an el6/i386 laptop.
>>

> I should perhaps say that I now have a problem with the laptop: It
> can't find /dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_home. I have no real idea of what
> might have caused it. Writing GB sized files under python with no
> explicit checks on where they are going?

I posted about this laptop problem on the SL list; somehow the lvm2 and
lvm2-libs packages had been uninstalled. Fortunately I had compatible
packages of those and initscripts cached and was able to reinstall them.
Then vgscan, lvscan and reboot back to normal.

I've now upgraded to SL6.4 but still need to run an older kernel having
a v4l module to get tv capability.

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
The macro on line 79 of /etc/rpm/macros.atrpms doesn't seem to be
working properly. Needed for F18 I guess. I have temporary changed it to
build with /usr/sbin/ldconfig changed back to /sbin/ldconfig and same
for depmod a few lines later.

I'm putting a i686 and x86_64 mythtv versions in dropbox later today.

cheers
Stephen Collier

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
On 09/04/13 14:23, Collier Family wrote:
> The macro on line 79 of /etc/rpm/macros.atrpms doesn't seem to be
> working properly. Needed for F18 I guess. I have temporary changed it
> to build with /usr/sbin/ldconfig changed back to /sbin/ldconfig and
> same for depmod a few lines later.
>
> I'm putting a i686 and x86_64 mythtv versions in dropbox later today.
>
> cheers
> Stephen Collier

If and when you do the next mythtv rpm update for el6 64bit, please drop
me a line , I would be very much interested . I have been using your
rpms for months so far and they are great . Installation was very smooth
and the system has worked faultlessly . Much appreciate your help .

Best Regards

Milorad

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
Hi

How do I get access to the dropbox?

Cheers

Ib Uhrskov

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
I'll send you the link later this morning. I had trouble with the i686 version on my frontend, it didn't like vdpau.  I am running the x86-64 version on backend with no problems. If it is simpler I could give you access to my internal repo.

Cheers
Stephen

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
Ive put the file at
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98547397/mythtv-0.26.0-294.el6.x86_64.tgz

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
On 18/04/13 01:27, judithc wrote:
> I'll send you the link later this morning. I had trouble with the i686
> version on my frontend, it didn't like vdpau. I am running the x86-64
> version on backend with no problems. If it is simpler I could give you
> access to my internal repo.
>
> Cheers
> Stephen

I had perhaps similar trouble in January, but later builds seemed ok; I
never used mock although that looked as if it could have helped.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/16539#16539

At present, after various event-driven changes, my laptop is running the
rpmfusion build of mythtv 0.26 under Scientific Linux 6.4 and
kde-unstable. But it still needs v4l and the v4l kmdl from ATrpms.
A real melange, but it seems to work.

John P

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
I've found the trouble with vdpau - it is in the configure stage. It
works for x86_64 but not i686. A few changes and it is now fixed for i686

Re: New build of Mythtv-0.26-fixes: lib problems [ In reply to ]
On 26/03/13 21:55, John Pilkington wrote:
> I made new builds of 0.26-fixes el6 i386 on Tues 19 March and today. I
> had to make changes today to the mythmusic files lists to get the
> packaging into rpms to work, and I'm pretty sure that more ought to be
> made to account for the fact that mythmusic has its own theme. But now
> today's lib packages won't install; they need /usr/sbin/ldconfig, while
> the same packages built earlier use /sbin/ldconfig.
>
> I think the problem may lie in /etc/rpm/macros.atrpms from the new
> atrpms-rpm-config package. I have the 198-3 build from f15 and will try
> using that.

This is now understood, and doesn't affect builds at ATrpms.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/devel/16634#16634

From which Axel suggests:

> You can do two things:
>
> a) fast and lazy: pass dist to the build like so: rpmbuild
> ... --define 'dist el6' ... (actually this is the way ATrpms does
> it - especialy since the minimal chroots don't even contain
> /etc/redhat-release to have something to recognize the dist with)

HTH

John P