mods on EL6.

I can put spec files and srpms in my dropbox if anyone wants them.

Cheers Stephen

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 01/12/12 04:45, Collier Family wrote:
> I've finally got mythtv 0.26fixes running using axels spec with some
> mods on EL6.
>
> I can put spec files and srpms in my dropbox if anyone wants them.
>
> Cheers Stephen

I wouldn't like you to think that a less-than-immediate response means
that no-one would like it. It might help Axel too, if he's able to work
on it. Please put them up; I'm not sure that I shall go ahead as soon
as I see them, but I guess I'd like to try it on my el6 laptop before I
need to go to f17 on the main box.

John P

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
Files are
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/mythtv.spec
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/mythweb-0.26.0-276.src.rpm
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/mythweb.spec
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/mythtv-0.26.0-291.el6.src.rpm

these should work on any rpm based system
My system is Scientific Linux 6.3 x86_64 and it si working fine.

gitfixes patch files were made as follows

git clone -b fixes/0.26 git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythtv
cd mythtv
git diff --no-prefix v0.26.0 mythtv
>~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/mythtv-0.26.0-gitfixes.patch
git diff --no-prefix v0.26.0 mythplugins
>~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/mythplugins-0.26.0-gitfixes.patch
cd ../
git clone -b fixes/0.26 git://github.com/MythTV/mythweb.git mythweb
cd mythweb
git diff --no-prefix v0.26.0
>~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/mythweb-0.26.0-gitfixes.patch

after the first time the clones need to be replaced by pulls.

I had to replace patch -p1 with patch -p0 in mythweb.spec as I couldn't
seem to make a p1 patch

I hope these are of help.

Cheers
Stephen

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 02/12/2012 01:54, Collier Family wrote:
> Files are
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/mythtv.spec
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/mythweb-0.26.0-276.src.rpm
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/mythweb.spec
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/mythtv-0.26.0-291.el6.src.rpm
>
> these should work on any rpm based system
> My system is Scientific Linux 6.3 x86_64 and it si working fine.
>
> gitfixes patch files were made as follows
>
> git clone -b fixes/0.26 git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythtv
> cd mythtv
> git diff --no-prefix v0.26.0 mythtv
> >~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/mythtv-0.26.0-gitfixes.patch
> git diff --no-prefix v0.26.0 mythplugins
> >~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/mythplugins-0.26.0-gitfixes.patch
> cd ../
> git clone -b fixes/0.26 git://github.com/MythTV/mythweb.git mythweb
> cd mythweb
> git diff --no-prefix v0.26.0
> >~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/mythweb-0.26.0-gitfixes.patch
>
> after the first time the clones need to be replaced by pulls.
>
> I had to replace patch -p1 with patch -p0 in mythweb.spec as I
> couldn't seem to make a p1 patch
>
> I hope these are of help.
>
> Cheers
> Stephen

Thanks Stephen, much appreciated

Will try these out as soon as I can

Dunc

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
I now have this on my frontend as well.

I now have rpms for 6.3 x86_64, x386 and F17 x386

If anyone wants a copy I can add them to the dropbox.

I've used atrpms for many years - thanks a lot Axel.

Its just a little I can give back.

Cheers
Stephen

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 11/12/12 09:03, Collier Family wrote:
> I now have this on my frontend as well.
>
> I now have rpms for 6.3 x86_64, x386 and F17 x386
>
> If anyone wants a copy I can add them to the dropbox.
>
> I've used atrpms for many years - thanks a lot Axel.
>
> Its just a little I can give back.
>
> Cheers
> Stephen

Thanks for posting this. If there are significant differences, yes
please. I'm afraid I haven't yet tried to use your rpms, and hadn't in
fact noticed that my el6 box is i686 flavour while you said you were
running x86_64.

I took the liberty of posting a link on the myth-users list, where (and
on myth-dev) there have been threads about CentOS 6 difficulties. I
figured that since the info was already on this list it wouldn't do any
harm to have it there too. Hope you don't get too many cries for help :-)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/534985#534985

Thanks again,

John P

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 11/12/2012 9:55 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 11/12/12 09:03, Collier Family wrote:
>> I now have this on my frontend as well.
>>
>> I now have rpms for 6.3 x86_64, x386 and F17 x386
>>
>> If anyone wants a copy I can add them to the dropbox.
>>
>> I've used atrpms for many years - thanks a lot Axel.
>>
>> Its just a little I can give back.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stephen
>>
> x686 are now in the dropbox

There are no differences - they are all built from the same srpm only
thing is there are a lot of dev dependencies.

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 11/12/2012 11:38, Collier Family wrote:
> On 11/12/2012 9:55 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 11/12/12 09:03, Collier Family wrote:
>>> I now have this on my frontend as well.
>>>
>>> I now have rpms for 6.3 x86_64, x386 and F17 x386
>>>
>>> If anyone wants a copy I can add them to the dropbox.
>>>
>>> I've used atrpms for many years - thanks a lot Axel.
>>>
>>> Its just a little I can give back.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Stephen

Hi Stephen

Been using these for the last week or so and its running great, one of
the smoothest myth upgrades I remember actually!

Many thanks, and especially for posting how you made the diffs.

cheers

Dunc

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 11/12/12 20:03, Collier Family wrote:
> I now have this on my frontend as well.
>
> I now have rpms for 6.3 x86_64, x386 and F17 x386
>
> If anyone wants a copy I can add them to the dropbox.
>
> I've used atrpms for many years - thanks a lot Axel.
>
> Its just a little I can give back.
>
> Cheers
> Stephen

Hello Stephen,

I would be very interested in your 6.3 x86_64 rpms . Could you please
upload them , since they are already built , would save heaps of time .
I do not have a dev environment for building myth rpms with all the
dependencies , would be great to avoid that minefield .

Best Regards

Milorad

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
2012/12/12 O&M Ugarcina <mo.ucina@gmail.com>

> On 11/12/12 20:03, Collier Family wrote:
>
>> I now have this on my frontend as well.
>>
>> I now have rpms for 6.3 x86_64, x386 and F17 x386
>>
>> If anyone wants a copy I can add them to the dropbox.
>>
>> I've used atrpms for many years - thanks a lot Axel.
>>
>> Its just a little I can give back.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stephen

>> Hello Stephen,
>
> I would be very interested in your 6.3 x86_64 rpms . Could you please
> upload them , since they are already built , would save heaps of time . I
> do not have a dev environment for building myth rpms with all the
> dependencies , would be great to avoid that minefield .
>
> Best Regards
>
> Milorad

If keeping them in Dropbox becomes a problem then I can host them as 2 zip
files. I have a 60mbit connection so that's no problem for me.

Best Regards

Ib
Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 11/12/12 10:55, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 11/12/12 09:03, Collier Family wrote:
>> I now have this on my frontend as well.
>>
>> I now have rpms for 6.3 x86_64, x386 and F17 x386
>>
>> If anyone wants a copy I can add them to the dropbox.
>>
>> I've used atrpms for many years - thanks a lot Axel.
>>
>> Its just a little I can give back.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Stephen
>>

> Thanks for posting this. If there are significant differences, yes
> please. I'm afraid I haven't yet tried to use your rpms, and hadn't in
> fact noticed that my el6 box is i686 flavour while you said you were
> running x86_64.
>
> I took the liberty of posting a link on the myth-users list, where (and
> on myth-dev) there have been threads about CentOS 6 difficulties. I
> figured that since the info was already on this list it wouldn't do any
> harm to have it there too. Hope you don't get too many cries for help :-)
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/534985#534985
>
> Thanks again,
>
> John P

Stephen: Many thanks, again, for making these available - and for the
updating instructions. I now have the source etc packages.

One thing I noticed is that you have continued Axel's version sequence,
just as I did when I contrived a build for 0.25-something.

When Axel's next set of packages emerged they had the same version
number and didn't appear to be upgrades. It made installing them messy.
Perhaps off-main-sequence builds ought to have a X.X version number?

I only just realised that your later post above is offering binary
packages as well as the srpms etc that you listed earlier. I haven't
looked very hard but I haven't been able to view the dropbox directory
structure.

Cheers,

John P

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
I have a 50GB dropbox coutesy of Samsung SG3.

I'll put all the rpms I have compiled in there.

I'll add the rest tonight.

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 13/12/2012 3:14 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 11/12/12 10:55, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 11/12/12 09:03, Collier Family wrote:
>>> I now have this on my frontend as well.
>>>
>>> I now have rpms for 6.3 x86_64, x386 and F17 x386
>>>
>>> If anyone wants a copy I can add them to the dropbox.
>>>
>>> I've used atrpms for many years - thanks a lot Axel.
>>>
>>> Its just a little I can give back.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Stephen
>>>

>> Thanks for posting this. If there are significant differences, yes
>> please. I'm afraid I haven't yet tried to use your rpms, and hadn't in
>> fact noticed that my el6 box is i686 flavour while you said you were
>> running x86_64.
>>
>> I took the liberty of posting a link on the myth-users list, where (and
>> on myth-dev) there have been threads about CentOS 6 difficulties. I
>> figured that since the info was already on this list it wouldn't do any
>> harm to have it there too. Hope you don't get too many cries for
>> help :-)
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/534985#534985
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> John P
>
> Stephen: Many thanks, again, for making these available - and for the
> updating instructions. I now have the source etc packages.
>
> One thing I noticed is that you have continued Axel's version
> sequence, just as I did when I contrived a build for 0.25-something.
>
> When Axel's next set of packages emerged they had the same version
> number and didn't appear to be upgrades. It made installing them
> messy. Perhaps off-main-sequence builds ought to have a X.X version
> number?
>
> I only just realised that your later post above is offering binary
> packages as well as the srpms etc that you listed earlier. I haven't
> looked very hard but I haven't been able to view the dropbox directory
> structure.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John P

I'll zip them in the dropbox as its a bit hard to make the binaries
public :(

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
The following are in dropbox

EL6.3 i686 mythtv 0.26-fixes
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-i686.tar.bz2
EL6.3 x86_64 mythtv 0.26-fixes
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-x86_64.tar.bz2
EL6.3 noarch mythweb 0.26-fixes
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythweb-noarch.tar.bz2

F17 i686 mythtv 0.26-fixes
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/F17-mythtv-i686.tar.bz2
F17 noarch mythtv 0.26-fixes
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/F17-mythweb.noarch.tar.bz2

These are all bzipped rpms compiled with the previous SRPMS on the
appropriate platform.

I hope they help.

Cheers
Stephen

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]

EL6.3 i686 mythtv 0.26-fixes http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-i686.tar.bz2"]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-i686.tar.bz2
EL6.3 x86_64 mythtv 0.26-fixes http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-x86_64.tar.bz2"]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-x86_64.tar.bz2
EL6.3 noarch mythweb 0.26-fixes http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythweb-noarch.tar.bz2"]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythweb-noarch.tar.bz2

F17 i686 mythtv 0.26-fixes http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/F17-mythtv-i686.tar.bz2"]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/F17-mythtv-i686.tar.bz2
F17 noarch mythtv 0.26-fixes http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/F17-mythweb.noarch.tar.bz2"]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/F17-mythweb.noarch.tar.bz2

These are all bzipped rpms compiled with the previous SRPMS on the appropriate platform.

I hope they help.

Cheers
Stephen

Thanks for that Stephen ,

Can you tell me please where did you get libx264_120 . Looks like atrpms does not have that one yet .

Best Regards

Milorad
Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 14/12/12 10:48, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
> On 14/12/12 21:43, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
>> On 14/12/12 09:23, Collier Family wrote:
>>> The following are in dropbox
>>>
>>> EL6.3 i686 mythtv 0.26-fixes
>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-i686.tar.bz2
>>> EL6.3 x86_64 mythtv 0.26-fixes
>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-x86_64.tar.bz2
>>> EL6.3 noarch mythweb 0.26-fixes
>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythweb-noarch.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> F17 i686 mythtv 0.26-fixes
>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/F17-mythtv-i686.tar.bz2
>>> F17 noarch mythtv 0.26-fixes
>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/F17-mythweb.noarch.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> These are all bzipped rpms compiled with the previous SRPMS on the
>>> appropriate platform.
>>>
>>> I hope they help.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Stephen

>> Thanks for that Stephen ,
>>
>> Can you tell me please where did you get *libx264_120 . *Looks like
>> atrpms does not have that one yet .
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Milorad

Hi Stephen: Installation of your built rpms seemed successful on my EL6
-686 6-year-old laptop but playback sticks at 'Please Wait' and reports:

VideoOutput: Not compiled with any useable video output method.

mythfrontend --version is missing opengl, vaapi, vdpau when compared
with my f16 0.25.3 box. Maybe more; but it's getting late.

It's not my main box and I can watch via UPnP but I foresee reports of
WAF problems :-)

Cheers,

John

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 15/12/2012 11:17 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 14/12/12 10:48, O&M Ugarcina wrote:

>>> Thanks for that Stephen ,
>>>
>>> Can you tell me please where did you get *libx264_120 . *Looks like
>>> atrpms does not have that one yet .
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>>
>>> Milorad
>>

> Hi Stephen: Installation of your built rpms seemed successful on my
> EL6 -686 6-year-old laptop but playback sticks at 'Please Wait' and
> reports:
>
> VideoOutput: Not compiled with any useable video output method.
>
> mythfrontend --version is missing opengl, vaapi, vdpau when compared
> with my f16 0.25.3 box. Maybe more; but it's getting late.
>
> It's not my main box and I can watch via UPnP but I foresee reports of
> WAF problems :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

This is my i686 and it is working
MythTV Version : v0.26.0
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd
using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_v4l1
using_x11 using_xrandr using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 15/12/2012 11:17 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 14/12/12 10:48, O&M Ugarcina wrote:

>>> Thanks for that Stephen ,
>>>
>>> Can you tell me please where did you get *libx264_120 . *Looks like
>>> atrpms does not have that one yet .
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>>
>>> Milorad
>>

> Hi Stephen: Installation of your built rpms seemed successful on my
> EL6 -686 6-year-old laptop but playback sticks at 'Please Wait' and
> reports:
>
> VideoOutput: Not compiled with any useable video output method.
>
> mythfrontend --version is missing opengl, vaapi, vdpau when compared
> with my f16 0.25.3 box. Maybe more; but it's getting late.
>
> It's not my main box and I can watch via UPnP but I foresee reports of
> WAF problems :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

Do you have nouveau blacklisted - I had this problem originally from
what I recall until I blacklisted nouveau

Do you get a little spinning circle at top left or a progressing line at
the bottom?

Mine did little circle with nouveau amd progressing line with nvidia. It
appears nouveau will squash nvidia.

Cheers
Stephen

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 15/12/2012 11:27 PM, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
> On 15/12/12 14:53, Collier Family wrote:

>> Which arch are you using, none of the systems I compile on have
>> libx264_120 on them only up to 118
>>
> Hello Stephen,
>
> I comes up as a missing dependency when trying to install the rpms for
> Centos 6.3 64 bit , such as :
>
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: libmythfreemheg-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64
> (/libmythfreemheg-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64)
> Requires: libx264.so.120()(64bit)
> Error: Package: libmythupnp-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64
> (/libmythupnp-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64)
> Requires: libx264.so.120()(64bit)
> Error: Package: libmythbase-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64
> (/libmythbase-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64)
> Requires: libx264.so.120()(64bit)
> Error: Package: libmythlivemedia-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64
> (/libmythlivemedia-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64)
> Requires: libx264.so.120()(64bit)
> Error: Package: libmythavcodec54-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64
> (/libmythavcodec54-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64)
> Requires: libx264.so.120()(64bit)
>

> I also only have 115 and 118 , so I thought that maybe myth 0.26 was
> compiled against a newer version . Bit confused .
>
> Best Regards
>
> Milorad

Found it - it was a remnant from an old rpmfusion install but I had
removed repo.
it was x264-libs-0.120-5.20120303.el6.x86_64
I will remove it and recompile and update it will take a few hours

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 15/12/2012 11:27 PM, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
> On 15/12/12 14:53, Collier Family wrote:

>> Which arch are you using, none of the systems I compile on have
>> libx264_120 on them only up to 118
>>
> Hello Stephen,
>
> I comes up as a missing dependency when trying to install the rpms for
> Centos 6.3 64 bit , such as :
>
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: libmythfreemheg-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64
> (/libmythfreemheg-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64)
> Requires: libx264.so.120()(64bit)
> Error: Package: libmythupnp-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64
> (/libmythupnp-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64)
> Requires: libx264.so.120()(64bit)
> Error: Package: libmythbase-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64
> (/libmythbase-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64)
> Requires: libx264.so.120()(64bit)
> Error: Package: libmythlivemedia-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64
> (/libmythlivemedia-0.26_0-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64)
> Requires: libx264.so.120()(64bit)
> Error: Package: libmythavcodec54-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64
> (/libmythavcodec54-0.26.0-291.el6.x86_64)
> Requires: libx264.so.120()(64bit)
>

> I also only have 115 and 118 , so I thought that maybe myth 0.26 was
> compiled against a newer version . Bit confused .
>
> Best Regards
>
> Milorad

I have pushed up a new version without the 120 dependency - it is
updated to 0.26-fixes as of today.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-0.26.0-292-x86_64.tar.bz2

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 13/12/2012 3:14 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 11/12/12 10:55, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 11/12/12 09:03, Collier Family wrote:
>>> I now have this on my frontend as well.
>>>
>>> I now have rpms for 6.3 x86_64, x386 and F17 x386
>>>
>>> If anyone wants a copy I can add them to the dropbox.
>>>
>>> I've used atrpms for many years - thanks a lot Axel.
>>>
>>> Its just a little I can give back.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Stephen
>>>

>> Thanks for posting this. If there are significant differences, yes
>> please. I'm afraid I haven't yet tried to use your rpms, and hadn't in
>> fact noticed that my el6 box is i686 flavour while you said you were
>> running x86_64.
>>
>> I took the liberty of posting a link on the myth-users list, where (and
>> on myth-dev) there have been threads about CentOS 6 difficulties. I
>> figured that since the info was already on this list it wouldn't do any
>> harm to have it there too. Hope you don't get too many cries for
>> help :-)
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/534985#534985
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> John P
>
> Stephen: Many thanks, again, for making these available - and for the
> updating instructions. I now have the source etc packages.
>
> One thing I noticed is that you have continued Axel's version
> sequence, just as I did when I contrived a build for 0.25-something.
>
> When Axel's next set of packages emerged they had the same version
> number and didn't appear to be upgrades. It made installing them
> messy. Perhaps off-main-sequence builds ought to have a X.X version
> number?
>
> I only just realised that your later post above is offering binary
> packages as well as the srpms etc that you listed earlier. I haven't
> looked very hard but I haven't been able to view the dropbox directory
> structure.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John P

I've put up a new version that fixes your problem and brings it to
today's git
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-0.26-292-i686.tar.bz2

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 15/12/12 23:41, Collier Family wrote:
> On 15/12/2012 11:17 AM, John Pilkington wrote:

>> Hi Stephen: Installation of your built rpms seemed successful on my
>> EL6 -686 6-year-old laptop but playback sticks at 'Please Wait' and
>> reports:
>>
>> VideoOutput: Not compiled with any useable video output method.
>>
>> mythfrontend --version is missing opengl, vaapi, vdpau when compared
>> with my f16 0.25.3 box. Maybe more; but it's getting late.
>>
>> It's not my main box and I can watch via UPnP but I foresee reports of
>> WAF problems :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> John

> Do you have nouveau blacklisted - I had this problem originally from
> what I recall until I blacklisted nouveau
>
> Do you get a little spinning circle at top left or a progressing line at
> the bottom?
>
> Mine did little circle with nouveau amd progressing line with nvidia. It
> appears nouveau will squash nvidia.
>
> Cheers
> Stephen

It's a nvidia-free laptop: Compaq Presario v5000 from ~2006, with Intel
graphics. I've put a few more observations and speculations in the
myth-users thread. Prime suspect at present is an ffmpeg/mythffmpeg
confusion; the relevant bits of the specfile have been there for a long
time but myth code has changed. That's why I tried the myth list, but
as yet no response. I think most of the changes were pre-0.26. though,
and 0.25.3 worked for me; it would probably affect builds for Fedora 17
too, and I haven't heard of similar problems with either yours or
rpmfusion. I'm still puzzled that mythfrontend --version reports
different compiler options for systems built from the same rpm packages.

Thanks for your work on this, though.

Cheers,

John

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]

> I've put up a new version that fixes your problem and brings it to
> today's git
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-0.26-292-i686.tar.bz2

Thanks, Stephen. I'll fire it up.

Re: Mythtv 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 16/12/12 09:26, John Pilkington wrote:

>> I've put up a new version that fixes your problem and brings it to
>> today's git
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98547397/EL6.3-mythtv-0.26-292-i686.tar.bz2
>>

> Thanks, Stephen. I'll fire it up.

Playback of recordings now works! Great stuff.