Mailing List Archive

Exim 4.80.1 Critical Security Release
As an FYI, the Exim developers released Exim 4.80.1 today which is a critical security release addressing a remote code execution flaw in Exim versions between 4.70 and 4.80 inclusive.

The release announcement is here:

https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20121026.080330.74b9147b.en.html"]https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20121026.080330.74b9147b.en.html

I hope that the atrpms folks will be able to post new Exim rpm files soon.

Thanks!

Gordon
Re: Exim 4.80.1 Critical Security Release [ In reply to ]
It was recently discovered that certain Exim versions were not properly handling the decoding of DNS records for DKIM. Specifically crafted records can yield a heap-based buffer overflow where an attacker can exploit this flaw to execute arbitrary code. All of the Exim RPMs that ATrpms.net currently has posted include this security flaw.

Are there any plans to update Exim anytime soon to address this security flaw? Specifically, are there any plans to post Exim 4.80.1 RPMs any time soon?

Many thanks in advance for your reply!

Gordon