Mailing List Archive

Thoughts on myth 0.26
Hello Guys,

Has anybody tried myth 0.26 , if so how are you finding it ? Any issues
or pitfalls or traps for young players ? Considering upgrading .

Best Regards

Milorad

Re: Thoughts on myth 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On Fri 12/10/2012 8:52 AM, O&M Ugarcina wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> Has anybody tried myth 0.26 , if so how are you finding it ? Any issues or pitfalls or
> traps for young players ? Considering upgrading .
>
> Best Regards
>
> Milorad

I don't see MythTV 0.26 anywhere on the atrpms is it going up or are we in a bit of a
limbo here ?

Paul

Re: Thoughts on myth 0.26 [ In reply to ]
I can see MythTV 0.26 is now available ... thanks

Has anyone installed it yet?.. any issues ?

Paul

Re: Thoughts on myth 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 10/24/2012 7:39 PM, Paul wrote:
> I can see MythTV 0.26 is now available ... thanks
>
> Has anyone installed it yet?.. any issues ?
>
> Paul

On the el6 side, only 0.24.3 and 0.24.2 are available.

http://dl.atrpms.net/el6-x86_64/atrpms/stable/

Re: Thoughts on myth 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 25 October 2012 03:39, Paul <mylists@wilsononline.id.au> wrote:

> I can see MythTV 0.26 is now available ... thanks
> Has anyone installed it yet?.. any issues ?

on F17 x86_64 only seeing the mythweb package available, looks like
other packages are there for i386

Re: Thoughts on myth 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 25/10/12 18:41, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 10/24/2012 7:39 PM, Paul wrote:
>> I can see MythTV 0.26 is now available ... thanks
>>
>> Has anyone installed it yet?.. any issues ?
>>
>> Paul
>
> On the el6 side, only 0.24.3 and 0.24.2 are available.
>
> http://dl.atrpms.net/el6-x86_64/atrpms/stable/

I mentioned this on mythtv users, but it might be useful here.

There's a mythweb package for 0.26. If it's used with mythtv 0.25 the
programme times are wrong because 0.26 uses UTC and 0.25 uses local time.

But also, the changelog of the mythweb 0.26 shows a simultaneous build
of mythweb 0.25.3. This hasn't appeared in the repo, and all packages
for 0.25* have disappeared. I suppose this means that there was a
problem - and we must hope that Axel will sort it out :-)

John P

Re: Thoughts on myth 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On 10/25/2012 11:04 AM, John Pilkington wrote:

> I mentioned this on mythtv users, but it might be useful here.
>
> There's a mythweb package for 0.26. If it's used with mythtv 0.25 the
> programme times are wrong because 0.26 uses UTC and 0.25 uses local time.
>
> But also, the changelog of the mythweb 0.26 shows a simultaneous build
> of mythweb 0.25.3. This hasn't appeared in the repo, and all packages
> for 0.25* have disappeared. I suppose this means that there was a
> problem - and we must hope that Axel will sort it out :-)
>
> John P

The inner clockworks of the ATrpms build machine are vast, mysterious
and not to be questioned by the likes of my sort. I hope I sacrificed
that goat correctly.

Re: Thoughts on myth 0.26 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:

> On 25/10/12 18:41, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>

>> On 10/24/2012 7:39 PM, Paul wrote:
>>
>>> I can see MythTV 0.26 is now available ... thanks
>>>
>>> Has anyone installed it yet?.. any issues ?
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> On the el6 side, only 0.24.3 and 0.24.2 are available.
>>
>> http://dl.atrpms.net/el6-x86_**64/atrpms/stable/<http://dl.atrpms.net/el6-x86_64/atrpms/stable/>
>>

> I mentioned this on mythtv users, but it might be useful here.
>
> There's a mythweb package for 0.26. If it's used with mythtv 0.25 the
> programme times are wrong because 0.26 uses UTC and 0.25 uses local time.
>
> But also, the changelog of the mythweb 0.26 shows a simultaneous build of
> mythweb 0.25.3. This hasn't appeared in the repo, and all packages for
> 0.25* have disappeared. I suppose this means that there was a problem -
> and we must hope that Axel will sort it out :-)
>
> John P

Well, that explains my mythweb time problem recently. Time to downgrade
it. Thanks!
Re: Thoughts on myth 0.26 [ In reply to ]
forgot to mention on using F17 on 32bit version
ie
http://dl.atrpms.net/f17-i386/atrpms/stable/

The reason I'm a bit reluctant is the response time to fix seems a bit
variable lately so as this is my WAF production box I'm not going to rush
in...

Paul