guys have a Centos/RHEL 6.3 64bit compiled version to share ?

Best Regards

Milorad

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
I believe Axel is spending time with family so he's probably not in a place
to kick off new builds. :)

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 18/07/12 12:38, Brian Long wrote:
> I believe Axel is spending time with family so he's probably not in a
> place to kick off new builds. :)
>

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 6:15 AM, O&M Ugarcina <mo.ucina@gmail.com
> <mailto:mo.ucina@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello Guys,
>
> Do we know Axel's whereabouts , is he OK ? It just seems that since
> about the end of May he has dropped out and has not been heard from
> since . Anyways looks like myth has moved onto 0.25.2 now . Any of
> you guys have a Centos/RHEL 6.3 64bit compiled version to share ?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Milorad

I'm sure we all hope he's ok - and that, if he's intending to continue
with ATrpms, his user base doesn't evaporate before he gets back :-)
The ATrpms site is a wonderful resource.

I have been trying to build 0.25.2 on sl6 32-bit using Axel's specfile
as a starting point. All seems to go well until what is, I think, the
final stage, when it finds two files listed twice and a group of
libmyth* files that are 'installed but unpackaged'. Then it deletes
everything that has been built. It takes around an hour.

I had a similar problem building smart, but in that specfile there was a
section apparently intended to avoid this; not sure why it's needed,
but I haven't seen anything comparable in the myth specfile.

I tried the build without omitting some sections that probably don't
apply now - mainly the logrotation scripts, and without any gitupdates
to add to the 0.25.2 downloads. Still don't know how to make those.

John P

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 07/18/2012 03:26 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I have been trying to build 0.25.2 on sl6 32-bit using Axel's specfile
> as a starting point. All seems to go well until what is, I think, the
> final stage, when it finds two files listed twice and a group of
> libmyth* files that are 'installed but unpackaged'. Then it deletes
> everything that has been built. It takes around an hour.

Is that also a problem for 0.25.1 ?

Then you might learn something from the specfile from the
rpmfusion build of mythtv-0.25.1.

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, mk@lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:26 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
> I have been trying to build 0.25.2 on sl6 32-bit using Axel's specfile as a
> starting point. All seems to go well until what is, I think, the final
> stage, when it finds two files listed twice and a group of libmyth* files
> that are 'installed but unpackaged'. Then it deletes everything that has
> been built. It takes around an hour.

I just noticed the 0.25.2 tag... Did they announce it? Anyway, I'm
sorry about the hour! What kind of hardware are you building on? I've
got what I would consider a "modest" system (3 core AMD) and the
builds usually take me about 15 minutes.

I've got a 0.25.2 build started now for F16 and if it doesn't run into
any issues I'll try an EL build and make the SRPM available.

Disclaimer: I'm the RPM Fusion mythtv maintainer. :)

Nothing against Axel of course, I've switched between ATRpms and RPM
Fusion several times over the years for various reasons but when I
became a packager for Fedora I ended up at RPM Fusion since Axel is
more of a one man show... :)

One thing you might have to watch out for is if any of the package
names for the requirements are different. You'll definitely need to
uninstall any atrpms mythtv packages since the sub-package names are
different (last I checked).

Richard

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 18/07/12 14:51, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:26 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
>> I have been trying to build 0.25.2 on sl6 32-bit using Axel's specfile as a
>> starting point. All seems to go well until what is, I think, the final
>> stage, when it finds two files listed twice and a group of libmyth* files
>> that are 'installed but unpackaged'. Then it deletes everything that has
>> been built. It takes around an hour.
>
> I just noticed the 0.25.2 tag... Did they announce it? Anyway, I'm
> sorry about the hour! What kind of hardware are you building on? I've
> got what I would consider a "modest" system (3 core AMD) and the
> builds usually take me about 15 minutes.
>
> I've got a 0.25.2 build started now for F16 and if it doesn't run into
> any issues I'll try an EL build and make the SRPM available.
>
> Disclaimer: I'm the RPM Fusion mythtv maintainer. :)
>
> Nothing against Axel of course, I've switched between ATRpms and RPM
> Fusion several times over the years for various reasons but when I
> became a packager for Fedora I ended up at RPM Fusion since Axel is
> more of a one man show... :)
>
> One thing you might have to watch out for is if any of the package
> names for the requirements are different. You'll definitely need to
> uninstall any atrpms mythtv packages since the sub-package names are
> different (last I checked).
>
> Richard

Thanks for this, Richard. I haven't tried building packages before this
week, so you should have better luck. For this I'm using a laptop ~2007
running sl6 with ATrpms repos and some packages from epel and remi.
I've had Axel's myth 0.25 running on it since RC, just to see what had
changed from 0.24 and would affect my use profile. I don't really want
to build routinely for myself, but in the absence of up-to-date builds
from either ATrpms or RPM_Fusion I thought I would have a go. Now I
have the build components in place I can do a little more exploring.

Cheers,

John

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:31 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
> Thanks for this, Richard. I haven't tried building packages before this
> week, so you should have better luck. For this I'm using a laptop ~2007
> running sl6 with ATrpms repos and some packages from epel and remi. I've had
> Axel's myth 0.25 running on it since RC, just to see what had changed from
> 0.24 and would affect my use profile. I don't really want to build
> routinely for myself, but in the absence of up-to-date builds from either
> ATrpms or RPM_Fusion I thought I would have a go. Now I have the build
> components in place I can do a little more exploring.

We're actually working on EL6 builds of MythTV and they're actually
already there (at least in the Testing repository) but RPM Fusion
adheres to the Fedora policy of not replacing packages that exist
already (In EL, Fedora EPEL, etc), so progress has been slow. We're
getting close though. The last requirement that hasn't been built yet
is xmltv.

Speaking of which, if you want to build my package you'll need
packages in Fedora EPEL if you don't already have that repo enabled.

Richard

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
Ok, SRPM is ready!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34775202/mythtv/mythtv-0.25.2-1.fc16.src.rpm

Richard

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, SRPM is ready!
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34775202/mythtv/mythtv-0.25.2-1.fc16.src.rpm
>
> Richard

Actually, I think I can build the Atrpms package,
but I am just finishing my F17 tweaks on my new computer, and had to fix my
own packages in Fedora for using systemd. I am using kde now,
because gnome lost the direction completely ...

I must confess that I am still in mtyth 0.23, which
does not build on F17 any more. It seems to be some silly .h mess ....

Anyway, maybe it is time for me to finally go to 0.25. I will try to build
everything on this weekend.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 18/07/12 17:27, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com
> <mailto:hobbes1069@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Ok, SRPM is ready!
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34775202/mythtv/mythtv-0.25.2-1.fc16.src.rpm
>
> Richard
>

> Actually, I think I can build the Atrpms package,
> but I am just finishing my F17 tweaks on my new computer, and had to fix
> my own packages in Fedora for using systemd. I am using kde now,
> because gnome lost the direction completely ...
>
> I must confess that I am still in mtyth 0.23, which
> does not build on F17 any more. It seems to be some silly .h mess ....
>
> Anyway, maybe it is time for me to finally go to 0.25. I will try to
> build everything on this weekend.
>
> --
> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> LCG - UFRJ

Here's a unified diff of the specfile I used and the error message at
the end of the build, just in case someone might understand what's
wrong. In the build attempt I just dropped the 0.25.2.tar.bz files into
the SOURCES folder from the 0.25-286 AT srpm.

John P
Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:59 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
> Here's a unified diff of the specfile I used and the error message at the
> end of the build, just in case someone might understand what's wrong. In
> the build attempt I just dropped the 0.25.2.tar.bz files into the SOURCES
> folder from the 0.25-286 AT srpm.

There's not enough of the spec file for me to be sure but why did you
change the following?

-%global libversion 0.25
+
+%global libversion 0.25.2_0_0

I'm guessing this is used in %files so it's trying to package, for example:

libmyth-0.25.2_0_0.so.0

instead of the file that's actually there:

libmyth-0.25.so.0

But that's just a guess...

Richard

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 18/07/12 19:08, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:59 PM, John Pilkington<J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
>> Here's a unified diff of the specfile I used and the error message at the
>> end of the build, just in case someone might understand what's wrong. In
>> the build attempt I just dropped the 0.25.2.tar.bz files into the SOURCES
>> folder from the 0.25-286 AT srpm.
>
> There's not enough of the spec file for me to be sure but why did you
> change the following?
>
> -%global libversion 0.25
> +
> +%global libversion 0.25.2_0_0
>
> I'm guessing this is used in %files so it's trying to package, for example:
>
> libmyth-0.25.2_0_0.so.0
>
> instead of the file that's actually there:
>
> libmyth-0.25.so.0
>
> But that's just a guess...
>
> Richard

..and it may be a good one.

I did it because I thought it looked like a possible hack. I had seen
files that it matched - but they were in BUILD. The ones there now are
libmyth*-0.25.2_0_0_0.list. I'll give it another whirl.

Thanks

John

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
> I did it because I thought it looked like a possible hack. I had seen files
> that it matched - but they were in BUILD. The ones there now are
> libmyth*-0.25.2_0_0_0.list. I'll give it another whirl.

Yeah, some builds rename the files on "make install" so that's very
likely the problem.

Richard

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 18/07/12 20:57, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM, John Pilkington<J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
>> I did it because I thought it looked like a possible hack. I had seen files
>> that it matched - but they were in BUILD. The ones there now are
>> libmyth*-0.25.2_0_0_0.list. I'll give it another whirl.
>
> Yeah, some builds rename the files on "make install" so that's very
> likely the problem.
>
> Richard

That was it. Leaving %global libversion 0.25 as the first line of the
modified specfile allowed the binary builds to complete. Scientific
Linux 6, i386. I have them installed and all looks good.

I can watch HD recordings via uPnP, or slowly and at reduced definition
on the laptop itself. Now I need to clear some disc space for a few
more recordings, and see what additional tweaks I need to use
MythArchive. Then I'll try out some of the other goodies too.

Thanks for your help - and, of course, Axel, and the devs. :-)

Cheers,

John

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 6:51 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:26 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
> > I have been trying to build 0.25.2 on sl6 32-bit using Axel's specfile
> as a
> > starting point. All seems to go well until what is, I think, the final
> > stage, when it finds two files listed twice and a group of libmyth* files
> > that are 'installed but unpackaged'. Then it deletes everything that has
> > been built. It takes around an hour.
>
> I just noticed the 0.25.2 tag... Did they announce it? Anyway, I'm
> sorry about the hour! What kind of hardware are you building on? I've
> got what I would consider a "modest" system (3 core AMD) and the
> builds usually take me about 15 minutes.
>
> I've got a 0.25.2 build started now for F16 and if it doesn't run into
> any issues I'll try an EL build and make the SRPM available.
>
> Disclaimer: I'm the RPM Fusion mythtv maintainer. :)
>
> Nothing against Axel of course, I've switched between ATRpms and RPM
> Fusion several times over the years for various reasons but when I
> became a packager for Fedora I ended up at RPM Fusion since Axel is
> more of a one man show... :)

I switched from atrpms which I was using for longest time to RPM Fusion and
been very happy. Kudos to Richard for keeping things up to date and
responding to requests.

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 07/19/2012 02:36 AM, Monkey Pet wrote:

> I switched from atrpms which I was using for longest time to RPM Fusion
> and been very happy. Kudos to Richard for keeping things up to date and
> responding to requests.

Are there any hints on how to change mythtv installation from
atrpms to rpmfusion?

On my backed running CentOS 6, I've:

1. Made a backup of my mythtv database
2. Removed all packages from the atrpms repo
3. Set up EPEL and rpmfusion.
4. Manually installed xmltv from atrpms
5. Installed mythtv-0.25.1
6. Started the backend.

But I can't get in contact with it, neither from my frontend (on which
I've done the same), from mythweb, or from a DLNA client.

On mythweb I get the:

!!NoTrans: Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION '72': !!

message. I have set a proper, i.e. not localhost, IP address in
mythtv-setup.

I don't see any hints in the /var/log/mythtv/mythbacked.*.log file.

Sorry if this is OT on the atrpms mailing list. But I guess it might be
just as OT on the rpmfusion-users list?

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, mk@lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Mogens Kjaer <mk@lemo.dk> wrote:
> Are there any hints on how to change mythtv installation from
> atrpms to rpmfusion?

I wouldn't think there would be much difference overall since it's
building from the same sources...

> On my backed running CentOS 6, I've:
>
> 1. Made a backup of my mythtv database
> 2. Removed all packages from the atrpms repo
> 3. Set up EPEL and rpmfusion.
> 4. Manually installed xmltv from atrpms
> 5. Installed mythtv-0.25.1
> 6. Started the backend.
>
> But I can't get in contact with it, neither from my frontend (on which I've
> done the same), from mythweb, or from a DLNA client.
>
> On mythweb I get the:
>
> !!NoTrans: Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION '72': !!
>
> message. I have set a proper, i.e. not localhost, IP address in
> mythtv-setup.
>
> I don't see any hints in the /var/log/mythtv/mythbacked.*.log file.

This is a new one for me. It would appear that something strange is
happening on the backend. I wonder if there's any leftover files from
the previous package causing issues? I would check /etc/mythtv and
make sure there's nothing there that doesn't belong. I know mysql.txt
is still usable but it's depreciated in favor of config.xml. Perhaps
there's some conflict if both exist?

Another thing to check is the init scripts may not be the same and
could use different environment variable settings for HOME and/or
MYTHCONFDIR... The sysv init script runs mythbackend as root and sets
both environment variables to /etc/mythtv.

Sorry you're having this issue but there hasn't been much testing of
the EL build as of yet because of the missing xmltv requirement so it
looks like you're the beta tester :)

What version of mythtv did you "upgrade" from? I haven't had any DB
schema update issues but that's not to say it couldn't happen.

Just some ideas, hope it helps.

Richard

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 5:59 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Mogens Kjaer <mk@lemo.dk> wrote:
> > Are there any hints on how to change mythtv installation from
> > atrpms to rpmfusion?
>
> I wouldn't think there would be much difference overall since it's
> building from the same sources...
>

> > On my backed running CentOS 6, I've:
> >
> > 1. Made a backup of my mythtv database
> > 2. Removed all packages from the atrpms repo
> > 3. Set up EPEL and rpmfusion.
> > 4. Manually installed xmltv from atrpms
> > 5. Installed mythtv-0.25.1
> > 6. Started the backend.
> >
> > But I can't get in contact with it, neither from my frontend (on which
> I've
> > done the same), from mythweb, or from a DLNA client.
> >
> > On mythweb I get the:
> >
> > !!NoTrans: Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION '72': !!

also remember that mythweb is now a separate rpm package.

Make sure no old rpm are lingering behind.

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
I had the same problem with same update.

I found I still had some php rpms related to mythtv from atrpms.
removing them - had to rpm -e --nodeps to remove them.

This then fixed it.

Stephen

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 07/20/2012 01:46 AM, Collier Family wrote:
> I had the same problem with same update.
>
> I found I still had some php rpms related to mythtv from atrpms.
> removing them - had to rpm -e --nodeps to remove them.
>
> This then fixed it.
>
> Stephen

I removed all atrpms packages by:

# yum remove `rpm -qa --qf '%{NAME} %{VENDOR}\n' | fgrep ATrpms.net |
sed 's/ ATrpms.net//'`

So I'm sure there was nothing left from ATrpms.net
before going on to rpmfusion.

This is on my backend which does not have X. On my frontend
things were a bit more complicated as removing qt47 removes
almost everything. I had to do that manually with rpm --nodeps.

I had to go back to atrpms to get xmltv installed.

# rpm -qa --qf '%{NAME} %{VENDOR}\n' | fgrep ATrpms.net

now list:

xmltv-gui ATrpms.net
xmltv-grabbers ATrpms.net
perl-XMLTV ATrpms.net
xmltv ATrpms.net
atrpms ATrpms.net

Mogens
--
Mogens Kjaer, mk@lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 07/19/2012 07:51 AM, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> On mythweb I get the:
>
> !!NoTrans: Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION '72': !!

Hm.

I've removed the RPM Fusion version of mythtv*, and reinstalled
the atrpms version.

I still get the message above.

If I remove the IPv6 localhost from /etc/hosts and restart, the
message goes away!

But no recordings are listed, neither from mythtv frontend nor
from mythweb.

I've restored my mythtv database, but that makes no difference.

I'm confused...

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, mk@lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Mogens Kjaer <mk@lemo.dk> wrote:
> On 07/19/2012 07:51 AM, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
>>
>> On mythweb I get the:
>>
>> !!NoTrans: Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION '72': !!
>

> Hm.
>
> I've removed the RPM Fusion version of mythtv*, and reinstalled
> the atrpms version.

Don't forget php-MythTV, python-MythTV, and perl-MythTV...

Although if they were still installed I would assume they would
conflict with the atrpms package equivalents...

> I still get the message above.
>
> If I remove the IPv6 localhost from /etc/hosts and restart, the
> message goes away!
>
> But no recordings are listed, neither from mythtv frontend nor
> from mythweb.
>
> I've restored my mythtv database, but that makes no difference.
>
> I'm confused...

You've definitely got something strange going on then. Is the frontend
running fine other than it's not showing recordings?

Have you double-checked the settings in mythtv-setup? Most importantly
the backend settings.

Richard

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 07/21/2012 03:13 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Don't forget php-MythTV, python-MythTV, and perl-MythTV...

I havn't.

> You've definitely got something strange going on then. Is the frontend
> running fine other than it's not showing recordings?

I think so. The database gets updated.

> Have you double-checked the settings in mythtv-setup? Most importantly
> the backend settings.

I looks ok. Where does mythtv-setup store the settings? Maybe I have
several setups located, and mythtv-setup updates one while the backend
reads another?

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, mk@lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 07/21/2012 03:53 PM, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> I looks ok. Where does mythtv-setup store the settings? Maybe I have
> several setups located, and mythtv-setup updates one while the backend
> reads another?

strace was my friend.

mythtv-setup creates /root/.mythtv/config.xml, and the backend reads
from /var/lib/mythtv/config.xml

But the files are identical:

<Configuration>
<UPnP>
<MythFrontend>
<DefaultBackend>
<DBHostName>localhost</DBHostName>
<DBUserName>mythtv</DBUserName>
<DBPassword>mythtv</DBPassword>
<DBName>mythconverg</DBName>
<DBPort>3306</DBPort>
</DefaultBackend>
</MythFrontend>
</UPnP>
</Configuration>

One strange thing: If I stop the backend, change localhost to
192.168.4.1 (the IP of the machine, both backend and mysql runs on it),
the file is changed back when I start the backend.

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, mk@lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk

Re: Mythtv at 0.25.2 [ In reply to ]
On 07/21/2012 03:13 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Mogens Kjaer<mk@lemo.dk> wrote:
>> On 07/19/2012 07:51 AM, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
>>>
>>> On mythweb I get the:
>>>
>>> !!NoTrans: Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION '72': !!
>>

>> Hm.
>>
>> I've removed the RPM Fusion version of mythtv*, and reinstalled
>> the atrpms version.
>
> Don't forget php-MythTV, python-MythTV, and perl-MythTV...
>
> Although if they were still installed I would assume they would
> conflict with the atrpms package equivalents...

Finally, I managed to figure it out.

It was qtwebkit version that was wrong (epel instead of atrpms).

Now mythtv 0.25 works again.

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, mk@lemo.dk