Mailing List Archive

Re: kmdl questions (Paulo Cavalcanti)

Re: kmdl questions (Paulo Cavalcanti) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Bob Lightfoot <boblfoot@gmail.com> wrote:

> Paulo - when you say building them is easy are you refering to using
> yum to download the source rpm and then rebuild the rpm on the new
> kernel running in runlevel 3 mode without the kmdl?

Exactly, but you do not not need to use yum or go to run level 3.

The simplest way is building for the kernel you are running (booted with):

first, you need the macros:

yum install atrpms-rpm-config

then, just download and build your kmdl, for instance:

wget
http://dl.atrpms.net/src/f16-x86_64/atrpms/stable/broadcom-wl-5.100.82.38-5.src.rpm

rpmbuild --rebuild broadcom-wl-5.100.82.38-5.src.rpm

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ