Mythweb requires php-MythTV. Seems to me I've read about this somewhere
but cannot find it now. Does anyone know the cure?

rick

Re: php-mythtv [ In reply to ]
On 6/6/2012 1:11 PM, Rick wrote:
> I'm trying to install mythtv on F17 and get a dependency problem.
> Mythweb requires php-MythTV. Seems to me I've read about this somewhere
> but cannot find it now. Does anyone know the cure?
>
> rick

Anyone? I can't be the only one having this problem.

rick

Re: php-mythtv [ In reply to ]
on 6/17/2012 9:27 AM Rick carved the following into a picnic table:

> On 6/6/2012 1:11 PM, Rick wrote:
> > I'm trying to install mythtv on F17 and get a dependency problem.
> > Mythweb requires php-MythTV. Seems to me I've read about this somewhere
> > but cannot find it now. Does anyone know the cure?
> >
> > rick
> >

> Anyone? I can't be the only one having this problem.
>
> rick

The packages for 0.24 are there for F17 (bijou as well, which is what I
was running), so I assume you are talking about the current 0.25? If
so, the way I had to install them was to jump through a couple of hoops,
first by lying to the repository:
yum --releasever=16 install mythtv-frontend

If your system is anything like mine, it will fail with a bunch of
dependency problems. I ended up having to install (without the
releasever arg):
yum install avahi avahi-compat-libdns_sd expat dbus-libs libva-glx1
libattr nss-softokn-freebl

After that it went right in and has been running perfectly.

Scott

Re: php-mythtv [ In reply to ]
On 6/17/2012 11:49 AM, Scott Knight wrote:
> on 6/17/2012 9:27 AM Rick carved the following into a picnic table:
>>
>> On 6/6/2012 1:11 PM, Rick wrote:
>> > I'm trying to install mythtv on F17 and get a dependency problem.
>> > Mythweb requires php-MythTV. Seems to me I've read about this
>> somewhere
>> > but cannot find it now. Does anyone know the cure?
>> >
>> > rick
>> >

>> Anyone? I can't be the only one having this problem.
>>
>> rick
>>
> The packages for 0.24 are there for F17 (bijou as well, which is what I
> was running), so I assume you are talking about the current 0.25? If
> so, the way I had to install them was to jump through a couple of hoops,
> first by lying to the repository:
> yum --releasever=16 install mythtv-frontend
>
> If your system is anything like mine, it will fail with a bunch of
> dependency problems. I ended up having to install (without the
> releasever arg):
> yum install avahi avahi-compat-libdns_sd expat dbus-libs libva-glx1
> libattr nss-softokn-freebl
>
> After that it went right in and has been running perfectly.
>
> Scott

No, that didn't work either. There were a dozen or so dependency errors
that time.

rick

Re: php-mythtv [ In reply to ]
on 6/17/2012 9:21 PM Rick carved the following into a picnic table:

> On 6/17/2012 11:49 AM, Scott Knight wrote:
> > on 6/17/2012 9:27 AM Rick carved the following into a picnic table:

> >> somewhere

> >> Anyone? I can't be the only one having this problem.
> >>
> >> rick
> >>
> > The packages for 0.24 are there for F17 (bijou as well, which is what I
> > was running), so I assume you are talking about the current 0.25? If
> > so, the way I had to install them was to jump through a couple of hoops,
> > first by lying to the repository:
> > yum --releasever=16 install mythtv-frontend
> >
> > If your system is anything like mine, it will fail with a bunch of
> > dependency problems. I ended up having to install (without the
> > releasever arg):
> > yum install avahi avahi-compat-libdns_sd expat dbus-libs libva-glx1
> > libattr nss-softokn-freebl
> >
> > After that it went right in and has been running perfectly.
> >
> > Scott
> >

> No, that didn't work either. There were a dozen or so dependency errors
> that time.
So, did you install those failed packages without the --releasever
argument? They are failing because of ever so slight version
mismatches, but if you install the native FC17 versions of those
packages, before trying to install mythtv, it should succeed. I had to
list of what it's trying to install from the top down. Post the full
output of the yum session here if you must.

Scott

Re: php-mythtv [ In reply to ]
that time.
> So, did you install those failed packages without the --releasever
> argument? They are failing because of ever so slight version
> mismatches, but if you install the native FC17 versions of those
> packages, before trying to install mythtv, it should succeed. I had to
> list of what it's trying to install from the top down. Post the full
> output of the yum session here if you must.
>
> Scott

The F17 equivalents were already installed. I think I'll just wait for
Axel to reply, he must be busy or away right now.

thanks,
rick

Re: php-mythtv [ In reply to ]
> So, did you install those failed packages without the --releasever
> argument? They are failing because of ever so slight version
> mismatches, but if you install the native FC17 versions of those
> packages, before trying to install mythtv, it should succeed. I had
> to go back like 3 or 4 times before I got all of them in. Just review
> the list of what it's trying to install from the top down. Post the
> full output of the yum session here if you must.
>
> Scott

The F17 equivalents were already installed. I think I'll just wait for Axel
to reply, he must be busy or away right now.

thanks,
rick

I am also having this issue with missing php-Mythtv. I have just had to
install Fedora 17 onto a new system disk, and am having to rebuild the
additional apps (like MythTV).

Any news on a fix for this issue will be very welcome.
Thanks

Chris

Re: php-mythtv [ In reply to ]
On 7/1/2012 8:51 AM, Chris Jones wrote:

> [...]

I switched to rpm fusion. A busted system for weeks on end doesn't go
over very well with the family :-)

rick

Re: php-mythtv [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Rick <ve1gn@nb.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> On 7/1/2012 8:51 AM, Chris Jones wrote:

Don't blame the repo. mythtv 0.25 wasn't as stable the release as
previously. rpmfusion recently last week pulled in the 0.25.1 +
0.25/fixes. I think it might be under the testing repo still.